With warmer weather around the corner, it’s time to switch out your favorite styling products for a new spring look. Whether you’re looking to enhance your hair’s own texture, or create some waves and curls in straight hair, Sam Villa, the New Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken has some styling favorites for you!
- First, prep hair with Redken Outshine 01, a lightweight anti-frizz hair polishing milk for all hair types that delivers mild control, incredible hair shine and sleek smoothness that also repels humidity – making it the perfect first step for the warmer months!
- SAM à “I love using Redken Outshine 01 to prep hair in humidity. It not only gives the hair shine, but also adds smoothness that lasts all day. It’s one of my favorite stylers in my kit since it’s so versatile and can prep the hair for so many different looks. I simply pump 1-2 pumps into my hands, rub the product between my hands to evenly distribute and use my fingers to comb it through the lengths on damp hair to ease frizz.”
- Next, protect your hair from heat with Redken Hot Sets 22, which shields strands against hot tools up to 450 degrees! What’s more, it also boosts shine, adds touchable hold and features Redken’s Heat Restyling Technology so you can apply once and restyle as needed.
- SAM à “I always, always used a heat protectant on the hair when I am heat styling. Not only does it help guard against damage, but Redken’s heat stylers also guard against heat damage and even aid in adding manageability to the hair, so the style you create lasts all day long.”
- To lock in your style, grab Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray, an anti-frizz strong hold hair finishing spray gives hair ultimate strength, lasting lift, shape memory and frizz-free shine. Simply spritz throughout your lengths, or spray a little into your palms and run hands through your hair to tame flyaways.
- SAM à “When it comes to enhancing or creating hair texture, I always think of hairspray as your insurance. You wouldn’t buy a car without car insurance – why would you set up an amazing style and forget to set it? Redken has a wide array of hairsprays in a variety of strengths, but one of my favorites is Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray as I find it to be incredibly versatile. If you spray it directly onto your hair, you get a strong hold, but if you spritz a little in your palms and use your hands throughout your lengths, you can soften the result while keeping the hold.”
- SAM’S HOT TIP: “Get those bobby pins to stay! Place bobby pins on a paper towel. Spray with Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray and allow to dry, giving the pins more tack so they will not slip! When placing a bobby pin into the hair, position the wavy side down to ensure the pin will not slide out.”