In honor of National Prime Rib Day on April 27 Strip House Steakhouse at Planet Hollywood will offer the 28 Day Roast Prime Rib ($49), a mouthwatering off-the-bone 16 oz prime cut of meat served with Yorkshire pudding, horseradish crème fraiche and watercress. Toast to the occasion with a signature cocktail or a glass of wine and complete the feast with a tasty dessert like the famed 24-layer Strip House Chocolate Cake.
Strip House is open Sunday-Thursday 5 pm to 11 pm and Friday-Saturday 5 pm to 11:30 pm. For more information please contact 702.737.5200 or visit www.striphouse.com.
Strip House Prime Rib
Courtesy of Chef John Schenk
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- · 14-16 Lbs 30 Day Dry Aged Bone in Prime Rib
- · 1 1Ž2 Cups Dijon Mustard
- · 1 head of garlic
- · 1Ž4 Cup Rosemary, chopped
- · 1Ž4 Cup Thyme, chopped
- · 1Ž2 Cup Kosher salt
- · 1Ž2 Cup Cracked Black Pepper
Tips on Prime Rib Purchasing and Preparation:
- · At Strip House we buy our Prime Rib Dry aged with the fat cap intact. In order to make this dish at home, we suggest that you ask your butcher to remove the fat cap, tie the roast and french the bones down 1 inch.
- · It goes without saying that for a quality Prime Rib, buy the best possible product you can afford.
- · If you’re looking for another option instead of Prime rib you can always use this rub and slow cook Brisket or Top Round .
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil. Place in preheating oven and allow garlic to roast for 30 minutes.
3. While the oven is heating pull the roast out of the refrigerator (should be about 30 minutes before you are going to cook it). *Meat that roasts at room temperature will cook more evenly.
4. Season the roast with the salt and pepper making sure you really work the seasoning with your hands all over the flesh of the meat.
5. Remove the garlic from the oven. With a spoon remove garlic cloves from head of garlic and place into a food processor. Puree garlic until smooth.
6. In a medium bowl whisk together the Dijon mustard, roasted garlic and herbs.
7. Take the garlic mustard rub and coat the rib in a thin layer all over the roast.
8. Place large rack insert into a large roasting pan and lay the meat bone side down. Carefully place pan into the bottom rack of the oven and let the Prime Rib roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Lower the temperature to 300 degrees and allow to cook for 2 1Ž2 to 3 hours. Test internal temperature of the meat after two hours. When prime rib is done it should read 120 degrees in the thickest part of the meat.
9. Once the roast comes out of the oven cover it with foil and let it rest for a solid 20 minutes before slicing.
Insiders tip: For Leftovers, Chef Vignola likes to toast an everything bagel with scallion cream cheese piled high with prime rib from the night before.