REBELS RETURN TO LAS VEGAS BALLPARK FOR THREE-GAME SERIES
The Hustlin’ Rebels will return to the Las Vegas Ballpark in downtown Summerlin for a three-game series against Hawaii beginning Friday at 6:05 p.m.
The UNLV baseball team (31-16, 17-7 MW) comes into this weekend’s series, 2-3, after getting swept by Air Force over the weekend (20-3, 17-10, 14-4) and defeating California Baptist, 7-4, Tuesday, followed by a win at Dixie State, 4-2, Wednesday.
The Rainbow Warriors (20-19, 13-8 Big West) are coming into this weekend’s series 2-1, winning a three-game series against CSU Fullerton, 2-1, over the weekend (L 7-0, W 5-4, W 17-3).
PREVIOUSLY THIS SEASON
UNLV played a single-game contest against Hawaii in San Diego at Tony Gwynn Stadium, Feb. 26, and bested the Rainbow Warriors, 9-3.
– Celebrate Mother’s Day and Senior Day with the Rebels! Senior Day activities begin 20 minutes before first pitch at 12:05 p.m.
Fans can follow this week’s contests through live stats and social media. The link to stats can be found online at UNLVRebels.com in the “schedule” section of the team’s baseball page, as well as on the team’s official social media channels. In-game updates will be provided through @UNLVbaseball, the team’s official Twitter account.
The Scarlet & Gray will hit the road for their last regular season away series against MW foes Fresno State beginning Friday night at 6:05 p.m.
REBELS CLAIM WEEKLY AWARDS
– Gianni Horvat received the first weekly award for the Rebels, being named the MW Freshman of the Week following the Rebels’ perfect weekend on the road (3-0) in San Diego February 28.
– Edarian Williams continued the weekly honors streak, earning MW Player of the Week, March 7.
– Conner Woods claimed pitcher of the week, March 14 after he picked up his first win of the season in a 4-3 victory over SDSU.
– Santino Panaro claimed Freshman of the Week, March 14, 28 and April 4 after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week, including a series sweep over New Mexico.
– Braden Murphy earned Freshman of the Week weekly honors after helping the Rebels to a sweep over Air Force, March 21.
– Diego Alarcon earned Player of the Week weekly honors on March 28 after helping the Rebels to a 3-1 week, including a series win over MW foes San Jose State.
– Joey Walls earned Player of the Week and Joey Walls was named NCBWA Dick Howser Trophy National Player of the week, April 4, after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week. The junior batted a .706 over the week with 12 hits, including three home runs, 13 RBIs, 11 runs scored and three walks.
LEADERS IN THE MW AND THE NATION
-UNLV currently leads the nation in hits with 598, 79 more hits than Wake Forest who ranks second (519), they also lead in doubles with 127, four more than #9 Texas Tech who sits second (123), batting average (.336) and runs (449), second in doubles per game (2.70) and scoring (9.6), seventh in slugging percentage (.536), and 15th in triples (18).
– The Rebels currently lead the conference in batting with a .336 average, 446 runs scored, 598 hits and 413 RBI.
– Henry Ziesler ranks 17th in the nation and leads the MW in batting average (.406), ranks 15th in the nation and tied for third in the conference in hits (71), sits 25th in the nation and first in the MW for slugging percentage (.740), first in MW for OPS (1.194), 12th in the nation and first in conference for RBI (58).
– Joey Walls sits first in the nation and in the MW for doubles (23), third in the MW for slugging percentage (.652), tied for eighth in the MW for RBI (44) and fifth in the conference for OPS (1.099). Walls was also named to the 2022 Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger of the Year watch list on April 21.
– Rylan Charles is first in the NCAA and in the MW for hits with 84, ranks 29th in the NCAA and and third in the conference for batting average (.394), first in at bats (213), tied for fourth in doubles (16) and third in runs scored (55).
– Kryszczuk leads the NCAA and MW in runs (66), ranks eighth nationally and tied for third in the MW for doubles (19), is tied for third in triples (3), second in walks (36), tied for 19th in the nation and fourth in the MW for hits (70) and fifth in conference for at bats (193).
– Edarian Williams is tied for ninth in the nation and first in the conference in RBI (58), tied for third in the conference in triples (3), fifth in walks (28) and third in at bats (195).
– Diego Alarcon sits second in the NCAA and MW in runs scored with 65, tied for 15th in the nation and third in the MW for hits (71), second in at bats (205), seventh in RBI (45) and tied for fifth in doubles (15).
BACK AT THE EARL: The Rebels will return to Las Vegas and Earl E. Wilson Stadium for their final regular season series against San Diego State, beginning Thursday, May 19, at 6:05 p.m.
Single-game ticket prices this season are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, faculty and staff, and $5 to groups of 15 or more. Fans that purchase tickets online before game day can get them for an advanced single-game price of $6.
All high school, middle school and elementary students are free under UNLV’s new admission policy. To receive free admission, high school students must present valid Nevada are school I.D. at the box office on gameday for one (1) complimentary ticket. Current UNLV students will receive free admission with a valid school I.D. All other students will receive a complimentary ticket at the box office (no I.D. required). Kids not yet elementary school age will continue to receive free admission for all UNLV Olympic sports.