VEGAS’ NEWEST ATTRACTION – FLYOVER –
REVEALS ATTRACTION TRAILER AND CREATIVE TEAM
New Multi-Sensory Ride from Pursuit to Take Viewers on an Immersive Journey Through
“The Real Wild West”
FlyOver, the new flight ride attraction coming to the Las Vegas Strip this fall, has revealed its official trailer. This multi-sensory journey will take guests over the American West’s most iconic locations and natural wonders as part of this cutting-edge entertainment experience.
Created by parent company Pursuit, FlyOver’s “The Real Wild West” will immerse guests in iconic destinations within Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Montana, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, all shot from the vantage point of a helicopter in sharp, stunning high definition. The phenomenal visuals will be heightened by a spectacular pre-show moment, followed by a trip over FlyOver’s 52.5-foot spherical screen on a state-of-the-art moving platform that enables guests to feel every sweeping movement of the adventure. Special effects including wind, mist and location-specific scents transport guests to the world’s most striking natural wonders. The team bringing FlyOver to life includes:
- Creative Director: Former Disney Imagineer and “founding father of flight rides” Rick Rothschild
- Film Director: Cannes Lion Award-winning Dave Mossop
- Pre-Show Entertainment: Multimedia team at Moment Factory
- Composer: Renowned GRAMMY-nominated composer and musician Tom Holkenborg
“The amount of talent that went into creating FlyOver is astounding and we are proud to have this original flight ride attraction here on the Las Vegas Strip,” said Jack Kenn, general manager of FlyOver in Las Vegas. “From the moment guests enter FlyOver’s intricate lobby to the second they exit to Las Vegas Boulevard, visitors will see the American West in a way they never have before.”
The full Las Vegas experience will include Moment Factory’s multimedia pre-show and The Real Wild West attraction. Housing two flight rides, FlyOver also will introduce additional immersive journeys shot in stunning locations around the globe.
Lisa Adams, vice president of FlyOver Attractions, said, “At Pursuit and FlyOver we work with top talent to create an immersive experience from start to finish. With every location, from Vancouver, Canada to Reykjavik, Iceland and now Las Vegas, we capture the feeling of flight to showcase a sensory and thrilling experience across iconic locations and natural landscapes.”
Setting the Stage with Moment Factory
For FlyOver in Las Vegas, Montreal-based Moment Factory upped the ante by creating a landmark pre-show experience. Working closely with Rothschild, the team developed a cinematic atmosphere in the venue’s Boarding Area with sprawling vistas and ambient sound effects to set the stage for the main event, reminiscent of the title sequence of a classic western film. Guests are then ushered along suspended platforms into a circular room for a panoramic, six-minute pre-show projected across 360-degree wraparound walls and a central, hanging medallion.
Set to a stirring original score by Tom Holkenborg, rollicking animations chronicle the booms and busts of the American West, from the Cambrian explosion to Gold Rush ghost towns and Silicon Valley startups. Sweeping in scope, the production relied on extensive research to paint an accurate portrait of the region’s diverse landscapes and communities and offer meaningful overtures to the flight.
Welcome to The Real Wild West
Upon completion of Moment Factory’s pre-show, guests will take their seats for the ride of a lifetime. During their flight, passengers will glide over 22 of the country’s most magnificent cities, monuments and landscapes. Ride highlights include:
- Viewing the solar eclipse as they fly over a volcanic peak in Oregon’s Cascade Volcanic Arc
- Seeing first-hand the vantage point of a wingsuiter as they descend Washington’s Stehekin Mountain
- Riding through Yellowstone with a team of stallions
- Surfing San Francisco’s biggest waves captured on film in 20 years
- Nosediving into the Grand Canyon
- Exploring Goldfield Ghost Town in Arizona
- Soaking in the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- Getting a bird’s eye view of the Las Vegas Strip
Meet the Team
Pursuit partnered with some of the entertainment industry’s most creative minds to bring The Real Wild West to life:
- Rick Rothschild, Creative Director – Hailed for inventing the immersive flight ride experience, Rothschild has a long and elaborate history in the attraction world. In addition to designing every aspect of what guests see in FlyOver – from its Grand Canyon-inspired lobby and “Endless Hallway” that transports guests from the entrance to the bottom of a canyon, to Moment Factory’s entertainment space – Rothschild programmed the ride’s motion and special effects, ensuring every element takes guests deeper into The Real Wild West’s cinematic production.
During his 30-plus year tenure as a creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering, Rothschild produced more than 25 separate theme park attractions. He now serves as the Chief Creative for FAR Out! Creative Direction, where he has continued directing special venue productions and giant screen films for numerous themed entertainment companies, major film studios and prestigious museums and institutions around the world.
- Dave Mossop, Film Director – Award-winning director Dave Mossop was responsible for making The Real Wild West a high-flying encounter from the perspective of a helicopter. After months of scouting locations, assembling the scenes and editing the soundtrack, Mossop has directed a cinematic moment that is an ode to nature and natural beauty. His love of adventuring and the wild has led to striking cinematography, all from breathtaking vantage points.
Mossop is co-founder of the renowned boutique production co. Sherpas Cinema, and Outside Magazine labelled Mossop as “The Auteur” in 2013 while honoring him as Adventurer of the Year. He has won a Cannes Lion for Directing and his work can be found in challenging projects such as “Planet Earth 2,” as well as for clients such as The North Face, National Geographic, Google, Audi and more. He has also directed several attraction films for FlyOver since its conception in 2012.
- Moment Factory – Under the creative direction of Rick Rothschild, Moment Factory’s hand-picked team of designers and animators have come together to bring FlyOver’s pre-show space to reality. Headquartered in Montreal, the multimedia studio is also located in Tokyo, Paris, New York City and Singapore. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 450 unique projects. The team’s work has reached audiences worldwide and is permanently installed in prestigious locations around the globe.
- Tom Holkenborg, Composer: Renowned GRAMMY-nominated composer and musician Tom Holkenborg (aka JunkieXL), was tasked to score the sweeping soundtrack to The Real Wild West. Working closely with Rothschild, Holkenborg developed music that is a stunning representation of the 22 American West destinations and their cultures.
Holkenborg is a blockbuster composer, whose credits include Zack Snyder’s “Justice League,” “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Deadpool” and “Godzilla vs Kong.” He has built a reputation for pushing the envelope as a full-contact composer, and has worked with directors including Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriguez, James Cameron, Tim Miller and Zack Snyder among others.
Located on the Las Vegas Strip next to the Hard Rock Cafe, FlyOver in Las Vegas is the third iteration of Pursuit’s FlyOver attraction. The opening date will be revealed in the coming weeks.
For more information on FlyOver in Las Vegas, visit flyoverlasvegas.com.
Photo credit: FlyOver in Las Vegas by Pursuit
FlyOver in Las Vegas by Pursuit
The FlyOver flight ride utilizes a unique and state-of-the-art moving platform with six degrees of motion, multi-sensory special effects and a 52-foot spherical screen that provides guests with an unparalleled flight across iconic locations and natural landscapes. Special effects, including wind, mist and scents, combine with the ride’s motion to create an unforgettable entertainment experience. Owned and operated by Pursuit, this new Las Vegas location will mark the third FlyOver attraction for the global tourism and hospitality brand, which also includes FlyOver Canada in Vancouver, FlyOver Iceland in Reykjavik and FlyOver Canada in Toronto (expected opening 2024). The new attraction, opening Fall 2021, is located next to Hard Rock Café on the Las Vegas Strip. For more information about FlyOver in Las Vegas, visit flyoverlasvegas.com.
Pursuit is an attractions and hospitality company that owns and operates a collection of inspiring and unforgettable experiences in iconic destinations. From world-class attractions, distinctive lodges and engaging tours in stunning national parks and renowned global travel locations, to our growing collection of FlyOver flight ride experiences in the vibrant cities of Vancouver, Reykjavik, Las Vegas (opening Fall 2021), and Toronto (expected opening 2024), Pursuit’s elevated hospitality experiences enable visitors to discover and connect with these iconic destinations. With a strategic direction to build an expanding portfolio of extraordinary travel experiences, Pursuit remains focused on delivering unforgettable and inspiring experiences in iconic locations worldwide. Pursuit is part of Viad Corp (NYSE: VVI). For more information visit pursuitcollection.com.