22 FUN FACTS ABOUT MIRACLE MILE SHOPS LV
In honor of Miracle Mile Shops’ 22nd anniversary on Wednesday, August 17, the shopping center has collected 22 fun and unique facts about the Mile. These facts provide a glimpse into the history of Miracle Mile Shops and show how, over the years, it has become an iconic staple of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Miracle Mile Shops opened as “The Shops in Desert Passage” as part of the Aladdin Hotel & Casino on August 17, 2000. In May of 2007, the shopping center was rebranded to “Miracle Mile Shops.”
- The name “Miracle Mile Shops” is not only a reference to the total walking distance of the shops, but it is also a nod to the famous “Miracle Mile” neighborhood in Los Angeles, staying in theme with Planet Hollywood, Miracle Mile Shops’ connecting resort.
- Even before the Aladdin and Desert Passage, the property was originally constructed as the Tallyho Hotel in 1962.
- It is 1.2 miles to walk the entire Miracle Mile Shops.
- Miracle Mile Shops has welcomed nearly 470 million shoppers since opening in 2000.
- There are 13 stores that have been around for all 22 years of the shopping center’s existence: Aldo, Bath & Body Works, Ben & Jerry’s, Fossil, Loft, Lucky Brand, Magnet Max, Sephora, Steve Madden, Sunglass Hut, Tommy Bahama, White House|Black Market and Wyland Galleries.
- In October of 2007, Miracle Mile Shops opened the first H&M location in Nevada, which drew a line of over 600 people for the grand opening.
- Miracle Mile Shops is home to Tipsy Robot, which at the time of its launch, was the very first land-based robotic bar in the nation.
- Club Tattoo, co-owned by the late lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, opened its first Las Vegas location at Miracle Mile Shops. Many celebrities have gotten a tattoo from Miracle Mile Shops’ Club Tattoo, including Jonah Hill, Steve Aoki, Slash, Guy Fieri, Chrissy Metz, Simone Biles, and Bennington himself.
- Miracle Mile Shops is also home to many additional Vegas firsts, including Quay Australia, Morphe and Garrett Popcorn Shops.
- Las Vegas’ largest Victoria’s Secret location is inside Miracle Mile Shops.
- The Ben & Jerry’s in Miracle Mile Shops serves an average of 374 scoops a day, 136,510 scoops a year and over 3 million scoops since they opened in 2000.
- Handcrafted daily in the shop’s famous copper kettles, Chicago-favorite Garrett Popcorn Shops has popped over 1.5 million gallons of popcorn since opening at Miracle Mile Shops. It is also the brand’s only location in Nevada.
- Sin City Sindy is Miracle Mile Shops’ towering showgirl statue, located in front of the Showgirl Bar and V Theater. Sindy stands at 31-feet tall, making her the tallest showgirl on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Miracle Mile Shops’ Caring, Giving, Changing donation campaign has been affecting positive change around the valley for over 12 years and has assisted more than 60 nonprofit programs with ties to the Las Vegas community. Nonprofit organizations the Caring, Giving, Changing program has supported include Help of Southern Nevada, The St. Baldrick’s Foundation and The Vegas Golden Knights Foundation.
- Miracle Mile Shops has served as the backdrop in several television shows and films, including “21,” “Get Him to the Greek” and “Think Like a Man 2.”
- In 2018, Miracle Mile Shops introduced Jules, the fun and trendy interactive chatbot used to assist guests as they explore the Mile. Jules interacts with guests through lively real-time conversation full of wit, charm and sass, which is not typical of other chatbots in retail.
- Many A-list celebrity shoppers have been spotted shopping and dining at Miracle Mile Shops over the years, including Cameron Diaz, Blake Shelton, Nicolas Cage, Sammy Hagar, Rihanna, Britney Spears and more.
- The sky ceiling by V Theater is 85 feet high or nearly 8 stories. The surrounding mountains are 75 feet high.
- The rainstorm has displayed over 128,128 shows with rain, fog, lightning, and thunder since the property opened.
- Miracle Mile Shops is currently undergoing extensive interior and exterior renovations that are set to be completed in Spring of 2023. The exterior redesign will feature all new, state-of-the-art LED digital screens and signage, as well as modernized landscaping.
- Miracle Mile Shops continues to pay homage to its Desert Passage roots. Even after the current remodel has been completed, the shops will still feature a piece of the original ornate flooring, as well as a hanging art piece Miracle Mile Shops had commissioned to match the flooring’s design. The iconic rainstorm will also remain with a few modern upgrades and the 155-foot-long Desert Passage ship will stay docked nearby.
About Miracle Mile Shops™
Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino features more than a mile of premier shops, tempting restaurants and live entertainment venues at the heart of the famed Las Vegas Strip. The premier mixed-use project is currently undergoing extensive interior and exterior transformation complete with elevated finishes, upgraded technology and digital design elements. It will remain open during construction, which is set to be completed in spring of 2023. The center is home to lululemon athletica; Sephora; Morphe; Quay Australia; H&M; Tipsy Robot, the first land-based cocktail bar operated by robots; Chicago popcorn legend Garrett Popcorn Shops’ only Las Vegas location; Nacho Daddy, home of the world-famous Scorpion Shot; 15,000-square-foot bar and restaurant Cabo Wabo® Cantina; Club Tattoo, featuring some of the best tattoo artists and body piercers in the nation; as well as a free daily rainstorm show in the desert featuring thunder, lightning, fog and rain. Miracle Mile Shops guests will enjoy adjoining access to Planet Hollywood, with 2,500 beautifully redesigned rooms and suites and Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations featuring 1,201 units and four penthouse floors. Miracle Mile Shops is owned by an affiliate of Institutional Mall Investors LLC, a joint venture between Miller Capital Advisory and CalPERS.
For more information, call 702.866.0710 or visit www.miraclemileshopslv.com. Keep up with the latest Miracle Mile Shops news via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.