ALIZÉ AT THE TOP OF THE PALMS CASINO RESORT TO
HOST THE FIRST TEA PAIRINGS DINNER ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16
Multi-Course Dinner to Pair Cuisine with the World’s Finest Teas, 56 Stories High
On Thursday, June 16, Alizé at the Top of the Palms Casino Resort will present the city’s first tea pairing dinner hosted by Barbara Fairchild, former editor-in-chief, Bon Appétit. This will be the night that gourmet French cuisine meets the delicate flavors of teas. Executive Chef Mark Purdy and his team are partnering with Seven Cups Fine Teas, a top tea purveyor, to create this one-night-only experience.
“We want to explore how food pairs with tea. We have never done something like this but the response has been overwhelming,” says Chef Purdy. “To create this menu, we tasted the teas first. Once we understood the complexity of the flavors, that was when the chemistry happened.”
The menu for the multi-course menu will include:
Amuse Bouche: Jin Guan Yin Anxi Wulong Tea
- Chilled cucumber soup with cucumber terrine, carrots, pecans and dill
- Calvisius Caviar with toasted brioche panna cotta and dill
First course: Lao Shu Hong Cha Old Tree Yunnan Black Tea
- Angus beef Carpaccio with quail egg yolk, parmesan cheese, mustard sauce, pickled vegetables and beef tartar
- Marinated heirloom tomatoes with rhubarb, pearl onions, sunflower shoots, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese
Second course: Bai Long Xu “White Dragon Whisker” Sheng Puer Tea
- Foie gras terrine with smoked duck and artichoke crepe, orange marmalade, candied pecans and basil
- Market green torchon, cucumber and herbs with white balsamic vinaigrette
Third course: Ming Qian Anji Bai Cha Green Tea
- ‘Nduja crusted scallop, butternut squash and roasted parsnip hash and an orange-amaretto veloute
- Braised white asparagus, lemon-poppy crescenza cheese, toasted almonds and parsley oil
Fourth course: Que She “Sparrow’s Tongue” Wuyi Rock Wulong Tea
- Tea Smoked duck breast, sautéed foie gras, gai-lan, crispy soba noodle cake, ginger confit and duck jus
- Roasted Abalone Mushroom, garlic pastina galette, mango confiture and tamarind glaze
Fifth course: Junshan Yinzhen Yellow Tea
- Veal Wellington with smoked prosciutto, mushroom duxelles, asparagus and truffle shallot jus
- Crispy Indonesian Samosa with pickled cucumbers, tomato reduction and red peppers
Cheese course: Wang Zhe Zhi Xiang “Emperor’s Orchid” Flower Scented Tea
- Tête de Moine with fennel marmalade, white balsamic vinegar and zucchini date bread
- Apricot-Almond Torchon with port poached prunes, candied pistachios and rosemary raisin crisp
Seventh course: Yin Hao Long Zhu “Silver Dragon Jasmine Pearls” Flower Scented Tea
- Myer lemon cheesecake, graham cracker crisp and blood orange sauce
- Chocolate Soufflé with chocolate sauce
In addition to hosting the event, Fairchild will be awarding people in the tea industry who have contributed work for establishing standards for tea quality over the past year. These standards are comparable to the D.O.C.G. Italian wine control system in terms of defining the quality and purity of tea. Dignitaries coming from as far away as China and India will be receiving awards given by the International Specialty Tea Association. This event will be the premier event of the 2016 World Tea Expo in Las Vegas taking place June 13 through 17.
Click here book reservations for this special dinner. The VIP cocktail reception will begin at 6 p.m., followed by the reception and amuse bouche at 6:30 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m.
For guests who purchased their tickets by April 23, the early bird price will be $175. After that, the ticket price will be $225 per person.
For the VIP reception, the price is $300 per person and includes bottomless Champagne, a special gift bag including treats from Seven Cups Fine Teas and Alizé, VIP seating and a pre-event meet and greet with Barbara Fairchild, former editor-in-chief, Bon Appétit and Austin Hodges, founder, Seven Cups Fine Tea.
ABOUT ALIZÉ AT THE TOP OF THE PALMS CASINO RESORT
Named after the gentle trade winds that sweep the French Caribbean Islands, Alizé at the Top of The Palms Casino Resort features world class cuisine, service and wine list, boasting the most dramatic view of the famous Las Vegas Strip. Chef and Proprietor André Rochat of the respected and award winning Andre’s Restaurant, opened Alizé – the crown jewel of his culinary empire in 2001 on the top floor of the Palms Casino Resort. Alizé quickly became the talk of the town and has gained notoriety and accolades being named by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the top new restaurants in the world. Located inside the Palms Casino Resort at 4321 W. Flamingo Road, Alizé is open daily from 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (702) 951-7000 find us on Facebook, Twitter (@AlizeLV) and Instagram (@AlizeLV). To book a table via OpenTable.com, click here.
ABOUT SEVEN CUPS FINE CHINESE TEA
Seven Cups Fine Chinese Tea is the award-winning purveyor of Chinese tea and the first tea company to have a transparent supply chain. The name comes from a Tang Dynasty poem describing the progressive enjoyment for each cup of fine tea. Seven Cups teas are sourced from China by Austin and Zhuping Hodge. Zhuping is one of the leading American experts in Chinese tea and tea culture while Austin is one of the 24 advisors to the Chinese International Tea Culture Institute in Hangzhou, the founder of the International Specialty Tea Association working to set standards for quality in the tea industry and is the winner of the “Tea Horse Award” for his contributions to Chinese tea culture. For more information, go to www.sevencups.com.