All-New Peng Zu Asian Restaurant Now Open at Suncoast Hotel and Casino
The newest dining experience at the Suncoast Hotel and Casino – Peng Zu – is now open, showcasing Asian favorites and authentic tastes in a contemporary and comfortable atmosphere. Founded on the legend of Peng Zu, a long-lived figure in China, the restaurant serves a signature soup as well as dinner specialties prepared fresh to order.
Celebrating the legend of Peng Zu – a figure said to have lived more than 800 years – Suncoast’s all-new signature restaurant encompasses the inspiration of using cooking, herbs and spices to promote long life and good health. Peng Zu was known for a chicken soup that could aid any ailment and add years to one’s life. A take on this magical recipe lives on at Peng Zu as a specialty dish served nightly.
The restaurant’s bright and cheerful design evokes the casual noodle shops of Hong Kong and Shanghai. Suspended overhead are 50 authentic, screen-printed parasols from China that have been converted into a gorgeous ceiling feature. The back wall of the restaurant features a wall-to-wall custom art installation designed with imagery and symbolism representing joy, longevity, and good fortune
“Peng Zu offers the northwest Valley an authentic new Asian dining option featuring a fun and approachable concept,” said Mark LaVoie, Vice President of Food and Beverage for Boyd Gaming. “The menu at Peng Zu appeals to a variety of tastes, and locals and visitors are really going to enjoy this fresh amenity to the hotel.”
Showcasing a dinner menu comprised of well-known favorites and original dishes, Peng Zu highlights items including:
- Appetizers: Egg rolls, Potstickers, Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings and Moo Shu Pork
- Soups: Vietnamese Beef Pho, Oxtail Soup, Cha Shu Ramen and its delicious and nutritious Peng Zu Soup
- Wok Fried Specialties: Honey-Walnut Shrimp, Cashew Chicken and Orange Peel Beef
- Noodles: Pad Thai, BBQ Pork Noodles, Singapore Noodles, Hong Kong Chow Mein and Cantonese Lo Mein
- Peng Zu House Specialties: Roast Duck, Black Pepper Steak, Curry Chicken Clay Pot and Black Bean Prawns
- Rice and Vegetables: Chinese Broccoli, Baby Bok Choy and Buddha’s Delight mixed Chinese vegetables
- Desserts: Mochi Ice Cream, Lychee Nuts and Mango Cake
- Combination Specialties ($10): Choice of Mongolian Beef, Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork, Beef Chow Fun or General TSO’s Chicken served with Vegetable Spring Roll and Vegetable Fried Rice. Hot & Sour Soup, Egg Drop Soup or Miso Soup can be added for $2.
Peng Zu serves dinner Sunday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. and on Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. For more information, please visit: www.suncoastcasino.com or call (702) 636-7111.
About Suncoast Hotel and Casino
Located at the corner of Alta Drive and South Rampart Boulevard, Suncoast Hotel and Casino features ten restaurants, a 16-screen movie theater, a 600-seat bingo room, a 500-seat state-of-the-art showroom and an 80,000-square-foot casino. For further information, visit www.suncoastcasino.com, on Facebook, and Twitter. Suncoast Hotel and Casino is a property of Boyd Gaming. Headquartered in Las Vegas, Boyd Gaming is a leading diversified owner and operator of 24 gaming entertainment properties located in Nevada, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Additional news and information on Boyd Gaming can be found at www.boydgaming.com