BAZAAR MEAT BY JOSÉ ANDRÉS UNVEILS TWO EXCLUSIVE EVENTS
A Celebration of Wagyu with Starzen Co.
Thursday, Jan. 21, 6 – 8 p.m.; $150 per person
Join Executive Chef David Thomas and acclaimed Japanese Wagyu beef exporter Starzen for an evening of signature tapas, premium Wagyu tastings, wine and sake. Guests will also experience demonstrations by Starzen master butcher Kazuo Eguchi, a four-time champion in Japanese butchering competitions. Established in 1948, Starzen is one of Japan’s top five Wagyu purveyors, exporting Satsuma and Miyzaki varieties. Satsuma Wagyu is derived from Japanese Black Wagyu born and raised in Kagoshima—a region known for its moderate climate, clean air and pristine water—with dynamic marbling and a distinct flavor and appearance.
- Beef & Parmesan Grissini (Wagyu, espuma, caramelized onion purée)
- Classic Tartare Sliders (Wagyu, savora mustard, egg yolk, HP Sauce, anchovy, Parker House rolls)
- Wagyu Airbread (onion jam, Parmesan espuma)
- Teppanyaki Griddle Station featuring a selection of Wagyu cuts
Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner
Thursday, Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m.; $300 per person
Bazaar Meat invites guests for an exclusive six-course dinner pairing rare and celebrated wines with signature Bazaar Meat dishes by executive chef David Thomas. Founded in 1864 in the Ribera del Duero region, Vega Sicilia is one of Spain’s most legendary wineries, producing what leading U.S. wine critic Robert Parker called the country’s “greatest wine.” With limited production, longer aging times, and only a small percentage exported, Vega Sicilia’s wines are some of the most coveted in the world. Since 1982, Vega Sicilia has been owned by the Alvarez family, which also acquired Alion and Pintia wineries in Spain and opened Oremus winery in Hungary.
- 2012 Oremus, Dry Furmint (Tokaj, Hungary)
- Pork-Skin Chicharrón (Greek yogurt, za’atar spices)
- Ferran Adrià Olives, Modern & Traditional (liquid green olive, gordal olives stuffed with piquillo pepper and anchovy)
- Croquetas de Pollo (chicken-béchamel fritters)
- 2010 Pintia (Tempranillo, Ribera del Duero, Spain)
- “Beefsteak” Tomato Tartare (tomato, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cucumber, black olive, romaine leaves)
- Beef & Parmesan Grissini (Washugyu beef, espuma, caramelized onion purée)
- Fried Oxtail Steamed Bun (red braise)
- 2011 Alión (Tempranillo, Ribera del Duero, Spain)
- Grilled Pulpo a la Gallega (Galician style octopus, potato, pimentón)
- Porcelet Pork Ribs, St. Canut Farms, Québec, Canada (hoisin-Cumberland sauce)
- 2009 Valbuena 5° (Tempranillo-Merlot, Ribera del Duero, Spain)
- The Classic Tartare (Beef sirloin, savora mustard, egg yolk, HP Sauce, anchovy, Parker House rolls)
- A5 Kobe Eye of the Rib, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan (Ishiyaki grilling stone, mustard frill salad, fresh wasabi)
- Piquillo Peppers “Julian de Tolosa” (confit piquillo peppers)
- 2003 Vega Sicilia (Tempranillo-Cabernet Sauvignon, Ribera del Duero, Spain)
- Rosewood Rib-Eye, Texas Wagyu (Spanish-style bone-in rib eye, oak-wood fired)
- Setas al Ajillo (button mushrooms, garlic, lemon)
- Robuchon Potatoes (butter, more butter, some potatoes)
- 2011 Oremus Tokaji Aszu (Tokaj, Hungary)
- Spanish Flan
- Chantilly Cream Puff
- Golden Ingot Bonbon
For more information and to make reservations for both events, please call (702) 761-7610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SLS LAS VEGAS®
SLS Las Vegas® is an all-encompassing resort and casino with more than 1,600 guest rooms and suites in three distinctive towers, 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a collection of acclaimed restaurant and nightlife brands. SLS offers an impressive selection of dining concepts including Bazaar Meat by José Andrés™; Katsuya; Cleo®; Umami Burger, Beer Garden & Sports Book; Ku Noodle by José Andrés™; 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria; Northside Café™ and The Perq™. The resort is also home to multiple nightlife and entertainment offerings including Hollywood favorite, The Sayers Club®; the edgy and sophisticated nightclub, Foxtail®; and the intimate, live entertainment venue, The Foundry. SLS Las Vegas also hosts the luxurious Ciel Spa® and a sports book operated by global gaming leader, William Hill. For more information about SLS Las Vegas®, please visit slsvegas.com and stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.