Our calendars seem to fill up in the blink of an eye during the holiday season and we find ourselves hopping from party to party with little time in-between to catch our breath, let alone refresh our look. Just in time for the holidays, Pureology Artistic Ambassador Natasha Sunshine shares her three favorite ponytail styles to cover your errand runs, holiday parties and everything in-between!
“The Pony, Three Ways”
- High and Sleek Pony
- Begin with damp hair. Apply a pea to nickel-sized dollop of Pureology Curl Complete Taming Butter two inches from your roots to tips. Blow dry and flatiron hair straight. Add another pea size of Taming Butter to ends before ironing.
- Tease hair from front hairline to crown by taking 1” partings. Using a comb or natural bristle brush, lightly (so as not to remove teasing from hair) pull hair back into a high ponytail. Make sure your placement is sitting high on the head for a more dramatic effect. Spray Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray, then smooth over pulled up hair with your palm to smooth away loose hairs.
- Take a ¼” section of hair from under your pony and wrap around the base of your elastic band. Spray Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray and pin into your pony with a bobby pin to hide it, placing it underneath your tail if possible.
- Give a final douse of Strengthening Control Mist and you’re off!
- Posh Half Pony
- Begin with damp hair. Depending on your hair’s thickness, apply a dime to nickel-sized amount of Pureology Nourishing Nectar sculpting gel. Taking one section at a time, blow dry hair under using a large round natural bristle brush. The natural bristle and Nourishing Nectar work together to give you maximum shine.
- Tease hair from front hairline to crown in 1” sections. Using your natural bristle brush, very gently smooth hair into a high half pony. Secure with an elastic.
- Apply a dime size of Density Definer medium hold crème wax to palms and emulsify. Lightly smooth pulled-back hair back and up for hold and maximum shine. Pull out a ¼” section of hair from under the ponytail. Apply a pea-sized amount of Density Definer medium hold crème wax and smooth hair around base of your elastic. Pin bobby pin into your pony to hide it, placing it under your ponytail if possible.
- Add Density Definer medium hold crème wax to any hair that needs additional shine or smoothing.
- Pretty Pouf Pony
- For improved manageability, start with hair that was washed the day prior. Spray Pureology Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo at the roots, taking 1” parting sections starting at the hairline and finishing at the crown. Brush product through the hair for a beautiful satin finish.
- Apply Fresh Approach Dry Condition from mid-shaft to ends. Brush product through for maximum shine.
- Follow the steps from the Posh Half Pony to get your first elastic in place. Place a thumb on each side of the head at the back of your earlobe. Run thumbs to center of the head to get your next section and secure with an elastic. Hide elastic with a ¼” section from underneath your pony and secure with a bobby.
- Pull the remaining hair into a low pony and hide your elastic after securing. Either leave the last section loose or use a clear elastic to pull the hair together.