OCTOBER 2016 FEATURED ENTERTAINMENT
- The Guess Who – October 7
- The Guess Who, with several hits in America, were superstars in their home country of Canada during the 1960s and1970s. The band’s early cover of “Shakin’ All Over” in 1965 became a surprise hit in Canada and reached the U.S. Top 40. Their biggest hits in America include “These Eyes,” “American Woman,” “Share the Land,” and “Clap for the Wolfman.” “American Woman” was The Guess Who’s first chart-topping song in America, partly due to its cuttingly sarcastic lyrics.
- Foghat – October 14
- Legendary British rock band Foghat will perform their hit songs “Slow Ride,” “Drivin’ Wheel,” and “I Just Want to Make Love to You.” Together for over 40 years and garnering eight Gold records, one Platinum record and one Double Platinum record, Foghat’s unique blues-rock sound has created lifelong fans around the world.
- Eddie Money – October 21
- Legendary American rock guitarist, saxophonist and singer-songwriter, Eddie Money found success in the ’70s and ’80s with a string of Top 40 hits and platinum albums. Money continued his successes and took advantage of the MTV music video scene early with his humorous narrative videos for “Shakin'” and “Think I’m in Love.” In the mid ’80s, he returned to the spotlight with the album “Can’t Hold Back,” in which his hit song “Take Me Home Tonight” reached the Top 10, as did the hit “I Wanna Go Back.”
- Loverboy – October 28
- For more than 30 years, Loverboy has been “Working for the Weekend” and on weekends, delighting audiences around the world. Formed in Calgary, Alberta, this group of rock stars toured with some of the biggest names in music including Journey, Bob Seger, Cheap Trick, ZZ Top, Kansas and Def Leppard. They earned four multi-platinum albums and three double platinum releases. Their string of hits include “Lovin’ Every Minute of It,” “This Could Be the Night,” “Hot Girls in Love,” “Heaven In Your Eyes,” “Turn Me Loose,” “When It’s Over,” “Heaven In Your Eyes” and “Queen of the Broken Hearts.”
OCTOBER 2016 FEATURED GAMING PROMOTIONS
- Brighton Charm Bracelet Giveaway – October 3 – 5
- Accessorize with a delicate charm bracelet. Receive a complimentary Brighton charm or bead when earning 500 Tier Credits. Maximum of 10 total unique gifts may be earned.
- $40,000 Four for Forty Slot Tournament – October 10 – 13
- Play for a chance at $40,000 at the Four for Forty Slot Tournament. Entry fee is $75 and includes play to four separate tournaments. To play, guests walk up anytime between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. daily and play their 10 minute rounds.
- Gold Nugget Nike Polo Shirt Giveaway – October 17 – 19
- Stay cool this season with a new shirt from the Golden Nugget Nike Polo Shirt Giveaway. Receive a complimentary Golden Nugget Nike Polo Shirt when earning 1,000 Tier Credits. Maximum of one gift.
- Nov. 2 Smart Watch Giveaway – October 31
- Accessorize with a new watch at the Smart Watch Giveaway. Receive a complimentary Smart Watch when earning 1,000 Tier Credits. Maximum one gift.
Guests must visit the 24K Select Players Club to redeem offer.
OCTOBER 2016 FEATURED GAMING TOURNAMENTS
- $50,000 Rock “N” Roll Craps Tournament – October 14 – 16
- Get in the groove and play for a share of $50,000 at the Rock ‘N’ Roll Craps Tournament. Entry fee is $150.
- $100,000 Slot Tournament of Champions – A Nightmare on Fremont Street – October 27 – 29
- Scare the opponent and play for a share of $100,000 at the VIP Slot Tournament of Champions – A Nightmare on Fremont Street. Entry fee is $799 and includes Comp Room Nights, Welcome Reception, two breakfasts, an Awards Dinner with live entertainment, a Welcome Gift, entry to Wildcard Drawings, and guaranteed tournament cash prize of at least $100.
A 24K Select Players Club card is required for entry to all gaming tournaments. For reservations, call 800-777-5687 or email email@example.com. Click here
for more information.
ONGOING ENTERTAINMENT, GAMING PROMOTIONS, AND TOURNAMENTS
- Daily Poker Tournaments
- Play your hand in No Limit Texas Hold’em in the Poker Room’s daily poker tournaments. Daily Tournaments include two $65 Buy-ins at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. and two $45 Buy-ins at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Compete in a special Sunday tournament at 11 a.m. featuring a $125 Buy-in and $5,000 guaranteed prize pool. Visit the Poker Room or click here for more information.
- Gordie Brown: Every Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday and Sunday – 7:30 p.m.
- Impressionist, singer, and entertainer Gordie Brown is well known for his amazing comedy and celebrity impressions such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack Nicholson and Sylvester Stallone, as well as Las Vegas icons like Elvis Presley and Sammy Davis, Jr. To purchase tickets, call 866-946-5336 or click here.
- The Great Golden Gift Shop
- Shop ’til you drop with The Great Golden Gift Shop yearlong extravaganza! Earn one Golden Gift Point when playing your favorite reel, video reel games and table games. Then, use points to participate in our shopping spree held in November! Visit the 24K Select Players Club for more information.
- New Member Rewards Program
- The 24K Select Players Club is offering new members who earn 20 points a chance to spin and win up to $1,000 in free slot play and a $10 match play. Visit the 24K Select Players Club for more information.
Learn to play a new game or perfect your skills with the Golden Nugget’s free daily gaming lessons. Lessons are held on the casino floor. Ask a dealer or floor supervisor for directions.
- Three Card Poker, Crazy 4 Poker, Let it Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’Em and Mississippi Stud Poker
- Craps Lessons
- Monday-Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.; Thursday-Sunday at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
ABOUT GOLDEN NUGGET LAS VEGAS
The Golden Nugget Las Vegas is the most luxurious resort on the Fremont Street Experience, and consistently receives critical acclaim for exceeding customer expectations. The Golden Nugget now offers more than 2,400 deluxe guestrooms and suites; a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, race and sports book, and poker room; nightly entertainment with master impressionist and comedian Gordie Brown; world-class restaurants such as Grotto Italian Ristorante, Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, Claim Jumper and Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar; a luxury spa and salon; and The Tank, a year-round outdoor swimming pool complete with a 200,000 gallon, live shark aquarium and the new H20 poolside lounge. Since 2005, the Golden Nugget Las Vegas has made more than $300 million in upgrades, renovations and expansions under Landry’s, Inc, introducing first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues. Throughout the upgrades, the Golden Nugget Las Vegas unveiled the Rush Tower in 2009, brought Las Vegas its first Chart House Restaurant and introduced a beautiful new pool, The Hideout, as well as expanded the gaming, entertainment and retail options at the luxury resort. In 2014, the Golden Nugget invested $15 million in renovating the Gold Tower adding modern designs consistent with the upscale Rush Tower and invested $6.5 million transforming the Conference Center into a modern business space. Hotel reservations and additional information are available by calling 800-634-3454 or by visiting online at www.goldennugget.com