OFF TO THE RACES: LEGACY CLUB’S DERBY DAY CELEBRATION RETURNS MAY 6
Circa’s 60th Floor Rooftop Lounge to Honor the Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports with Spritz and Mint Julep Bars, Derby Hats and Sweeping City Views
Sound the trumpets, it’s time to head for the starting gate! In celebration of the iconic horse race, Legacy Club at Circa Resort & Casino will return with its Derby Day celebration on Saturday, May 6 from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Located on Circa’s 60th floor in downtown Las Vegas, patrons can immerse themselves in classic southern derby traditions, such as sipping a Mint Julep, donning a beautiful hat and enjoying live music. From the moment the gates open, guests will have a front-row seat for the most exciting two minutes in sports to cheer on their favorite jockeys.
Each ticket will include:
- Open Bar: Racegoers can enjoy an open bar with unlimited beer, wine, call spirits and select specialty cocktails. But hold your horses – guests also can sip on a classic Derby Day cocktail to complete the afternoon by stopping at the spritz and Mint Julep bar:
- Spritz Bar: Derby goers can quench their thirst with unlimited spritz libations. Perfect for a hot, spring day, the drink is made with Aperol, prosecco and soda water.
- Mint Julep Bar: The Mint Julep is a bourbon cocktail best known for being the signature drink of the Derby. This refresher is composed of bourbon, sugar, mint and ice.
- Derby Hats: Guests will not have to worry about finding the perfect, head-turning accessories—a variety of men’s and women’s derby hats will be available upon arrival to complete their festive looks. Capture the memories and pose with friends in the finest attire and hats in front of the rose-themed photo booth wall.
- Race Viewing: During the race, live audio will ensure attendees do not miss a minute of the race. High-definition TVs will be rolled into the venue for prime-viewing of the race. Legacy Club will offer a variety of seating options for guests including plush couches or a table on the outdoor terrace.
- Live Music: Live music from the band Kiwi Three will fill the venue to keep the energy going before and after. Sing along with fellow race fans to popular Derby Day songs like “My Old Kentucky Home,” “Run For The Roses” and more.
Tickets to the party are $125 per person plus LET tax and can be purchased here. Each ticket includes access to Derby Day and all event inclusions. The event is open to guests 21+.
Derby Day marks the latest event in Legacy Club’s new 2023 signature event series. Upcoming soirees include the “Legacy en Blanc: A White Hot Summer Night Celebration” in June, an all-white, elegant affair where guests can don their finest white outfits and experience a luxurious evening; “Red, White & Bubbles” on the 4th of July, offering one of the best views of Las Vegas’ spectacular fireworks show; and “Skyline Sips”, a new elevated wine tasting experience on the terrace of Legacy Club debuting this summer.
About Circa Resort & Casino
Get ready for the time of your life at Circa Resort & Casino, an adults-only casino-resort concept in the heart of downtown Las Vegas. The AAA Four Diamond Circa pays homage to Vegas’ Golden Era through vintage design, old-school hospitality and nods to the city’s history while introducing high-tech advancements and innovative amenities. The resort features upscale rooms and suites; the world’s largest sportsbook; Stadium Swim, a year-round pool aqua theater; a two-story casino; Garage Mahal, a high-tech transportation hub; the luxe Legacy Club rooftop lounge; an expansive local art collection; 35,000 sq. ft of meetings and conventions space and more. Guests can indulge at original restaurant concepts including premium steaks and seafood at Barry’s Downtown Prime from Chef Barry S. Dakake and Make It Happen Hospitality; Pan-Asian fare at 8 East from Chef Dan Coughlin; deli classics at Saginaw’s Delicatessen from restaurateur Paul Saginaw; authentic Carolina barbecue at Project BBQ; and all-star menus at Victory Burger & Wings Co. from the founding family of American Coney Island. Visit circalasvegas.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @circalasvegas to stay up to date.