PARK MGM & NOMAD LAS VEGAS REOPEN AS THE STRIP’S FIRST SMOKE-FREE CASINO RESORT
MGM Resorts Completes Reopenings Worldwide in Wake of COVID-19 Closures
Park MGM and NoMad Las Vegas are reopening their doors today, marking the final MGM Resorts’ properties around the world to open following COVID-19 closures. Located in the heart of the iconic Strip, when Park MGM reopens it will be the Las Vegas Strip’s first smoke-free casino resort.
“The opening of Park MGM and NoMad represents a significant milestone as we continue down the path of Las Vegas’ recovery,” said Anton Nikodemus, President of MGM Resorts’ Las Vegas Portfolio. “Returning employees to work and building on the experiences available to our guests throughout the city are important steps. We’re incredibly thankful to the team members who have worked tirelessly to bring this moment to fruition in the wake of incredible challenges.”
Park MGM is The Strip’s newest destination resort and has quickly become one of the city’s go-to places for entertainment, new-to-market dining and more. The one-of-a kind collaboration between two distinct luxury hospitality brands – Sydell Group and MGM Resorts – pairs the intimacy of a boutique lifestyle brand with the scale of a 2,700-room integrated resort to create hospitality destinations with a sense of individuality. The Las Vegas outpost of Sydell Group’s celebrated NY-based NoMad Hotel is a distinct luxury hotel experience with European refinement and timeless style situated on the top four floors of Park MGM.
Nikodemus said, “Las Vegas visitors love the optionality The Strip represents, whether it be in hotels, shows, nightlife or restaurants. We believe the choice of a smoke-free casino will be very attractive to a segment of our visitor base.”
Park MGM and NoMad are reopening with the following amenities:
- Eataly Las Vegas: Eataly’s acclaimed Italian marketplace reopens with its handmade regional specialties available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The venue offers select walk-up and sit-down venues making fresh pizzas, pastas and sandwiches, in addition to a retail destination with hard-to-find Italian products.
- Bavette’s Steakhouse & Bar: Restaurateur Brendan Sodikoff’s Bavette’s Steakhouse transforms the time-honored steakhouse with a dash of French flair such as multi-tiered seafood towers, dry-aged bone-in ribeyes and zestfully seasoned lamb chops, all mouthwateringly prepared and impeccably served. Glowing chandeliers, sultry jazz and classic cocktails welcome guests to an intimate dining experience paying homage to Gilded Age opulence.
- The NoMad Bar: Inspired by the old theaters of Paris, The NoMad Bar is a casual cocktail and dining venue reminiscent of the famed New York City destination. Open Thursday through Sunday evenings, the Bar offers an eclectic menu of bar classics, NoMad signature dishes and more.
- BetMGM Sportsbar & Book: The ultimate sports-watching destination transports guests to their favorite neighborhood hangout while delivering the perks of a major Las Vegas sportsbook. Among the duckpin bowling lanes and billiards games, guests are treated to elevated gameday cuisine and an expansive beer selection. Sports bets can be placed in person or from the BetMGM mobile app.
- Primrose: Primrose is a South of France-inspired restaurant featuring approachable breakfast and lunch menus filled with fresh produce, with an emphasis on open-fire cooking. Located steps away from Park MGM’s lobby, Primrose reveals a series of rooms in a country house leading to a lush garden and terraced patio for al fresco dining.
- Juniper Cocktail Lounge: With the largest selection of gin in Vegas, Juniper Cocktail Lounge stretches guests’ perception of the familiar at this stylish venue exploring the endless possibilities of classic cocktails – whether gin-based or otherwise. The mixology destination challenges the status quo of mainstay drinks while staying true to the foundation of what makes a great cocktail.
- Pool & Spa: Park MGM’s pool oasis returns with its full pool bar and a select number of cabanas available for rent. The Spa at Park MGM also is opening with limited hours.
- Art Collection: Curated by Parisian studio be-poles, Park MGM’s world-class art program of collected and commissioned works spans every area of the resort — from the lobby to each guest room. Woven throughout the property, the diverse collection features artists such as Pablo Picasso, David Hockney, Henrique Oliveira, Shoja Azari and Shahram Karimi.
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. For a full listing of available amenities, please visit mgmresorts.com. Complimentary self-parking is available for guests; valet parking is not operational at this time.
With health and safety as the priority, Park MGM and NoMad are operating within MGM Resorts’ Seven-Point Safety Plan, a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. The full plan can be reviewed at mgmresorts.com. The company continues to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols.
# # #
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, BetMGM, LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are “forward-looking” statements and “safe harbor statements” that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements MGM Resorts makes regarding how and when its properties will re-open and its ability to mitigate the spread of the virus. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include the continued spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for additional future outbreaks of the virus, the general economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If the Company updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.