Hair by Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Global Creative Director Guido sculpted a sleek hairstyle to accompany the structured silhouettes seen on the runway at Sacai’s Fall/Winter 2015 show. For a futuristic feeling, Guido used Redken’s new Short Sculpt 19 touchable texturizing gel to comb the hair back into a low ponytail with distinct comb marks and finished the look with a mist of Redken’s Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to enhance the shine.
“I created a very futuristic, sculptural look for Sacai this season, which we’re seeing quite a lot of this season with the different ponytails and updos that have very defined shapes or silhouettes. I blow dried the hair straight back using a flat brush, and then used Redken’s new Short Sculpt 19, which I applied only to the front of the head, and combed back into the hair to get those distinct comb marks. The finished look is very modern and sleek with just a hint of shine, which I enhanced using Redken’s Forceful 23 hairspray.”
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
Create the Look:
- Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through
- Blow dry hair straight back using a flat brush
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Short Sculpt 19 touchable texturizing gel to dry hair only on the crown, and then comb straight back (do not part the hair)
- Gather into a low ponytail and tie with an elastic
- Take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the elastic and secure with a U-shaped pin to conceal it
- Finish by misting Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to hold the style and add natural shine
Photos by Lucas Flores Piran for Redken
Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave.