Hair by Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Global Creative Director Guido created an understated, elegant updo to enhance the richness and luxury on the runway at Hermes’s Fall/Winter 2015 runway show in Paris. Before twisting the hair into an easy French twist, Guido achieved a silky smooth blow out using Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion, and then applied Redken’s Move Ability 05 lightweight defining cream-paste for added texture. He finished the look with a mist of Redken’s Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to play up the hair’s natural shine.
“The Hermes woman is always very luxurious and rich. She has this timeless, classic elegance that’s sort of reinvented or modernized each season. For this show, I created an easy, but very chic and sophisticated French twist that a real woman could wear. I used Redken’s Satinwear 02 to get a super smooth, silky blowout, and then took sections of hair and created pin curls to add some body and movement. Then, I worked a Redken’s Move Ability 05 into the hair to give it some toughness and texture before I raked it back into a simple French twist. To add just a touch of modernity, I finished the style with a spray of Redken’s Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist, which gives it that beautiful, natural shine.”
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
Create the Look:
- Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends
- Section by section, blow dry hair using a large, round, natural bristle brush, and pin curl each section of hair after drying
- Take out the pin curls once they have cooled and brush back, away from the face with a flat brush so there is not a part
- Emulsify a quarter-size amount of Redken Move Ability 05 lightweight defining cream-paste in hands and rake through the hair to add shine and toughness
- Gather hair into a French twist and secure with U-pins
- Finish by misting Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over hair for added shine
Photos by Lucas Flores Piran for Redken
Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave.