The Animal Foundation and Zappos.com Present 10th Annual “Best In Show” Hosted by Clint Holmes at the Orleans Arena Sunday, April 28
Las Vegas’ Most Famous Dog Show Celebrates a Decade with “Best In Show Adoption Weekend”
On Sunday, April 28, loveable pups in need of forever homes will compete in The Animal Foundation’s 10th annual “Best In Show” – Las Vegas’ most famous dog show held at the Orleans Arena and presented by Zappos.com. Singer, songwriter and entertainer Clint Holmes will host the event as more than 50 cuddly canine contestants from The Animal Foundation, Nevada’s largest animal shelter and pet adoption center, vie for the audience’s hearts and homes in an American Kennel Club-style dog show.
“Best In Show” is The Animal Foundation’s largest annual fundraising event and in 2013 celebrates a decade of helping the more than 45,000 lost, unwanted and abandoned animals who pass through its shelter doors each year. Local news personalities will present a variety of unique and incredible shelter dogs from several categories (small, medium, large, variety pack, puppy parade and special needs). The pups with the most crowd applause will advance and compete for the coveted title of “Best In Show.” Even though there is only one crowned “Best in Show,” audience members are invited to bid to adopt each four-legged contestant giving them all the most coveted prize, a forever home.
For the past ten years, “Best In Show” has raised crucial dollars that allow The Animal Foundation to operate the largest animal shelter in Nevada while providing services such as adoptions, humane education and a low-cost spay/neuter clinic.
Sunday’s “Best In Show” commences with a pre-show VIP Sponsorship Brunch and silent auction at 11 a.m. At noon, doors to the Orleans Arena open for the vendor fair and for general admission seating to the highly anticipated show at 1 p.m. The 10-year milestone event will feature several exciting acts and personalities:
- Singer, songwriter and entertainer Clint Holmes will host the event.
- Siegfried & Roy will be honored for their vast contributions to “Best In Show” throughout the years.
- Celebrity Judge Holly Madison will present the “Special Needs” category.
- Las Vegas Valley news personalities will serve as individual category presenters.
- The cast of Tony® award-winning musical Million Dollar Quartet will provide live entertainment.
- A vendor fair in the Orleans Arena from noon to 4 p.m. will showcase unique pet-friendly businesses such as luxury pet food and apparel boutiques, expert animal trainers, local animal advocacy non-profits and more.
The Animal Foundation’s Best In Show Adoption Weekend kicks off on Friday, April 26 for three days of celebrations and special discounts as the organization aims to find forever homes for 200 dogs and cats.
- The Animal Foundation will offer $50 off all dogs two years and older and all cats one year and older at the Campus Adoption Center (655 N. Mojave Road, Las Vegas) and PetSmart Charities Everyday Adoption Center (286 W. Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson) beginning on Friday, April 26. Special pricing will be valid through Sunday at both locations.
- The Campus Adoption Center will open doors for a fun-filled day including a vendor fair and carnival on Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The vendor fair will showcase many of Sunday’s featured businesses and the family-friendly carnival will feature giveaways, raffles, shelter tours, games and more.
Tickets for “Best In Show” are on sale now and cost $12 for adults and $5 for seniors and children 2-12 years of age. Interested attendees are encouraged to visit any off-site sponsored event to grab a pair of free tickets to the show, and may find a full schedule here. For tickets call (702) 284-7777 or visit www.OrleansArena.com.
Sponsorship tables for the VIP brunch are available for purchase starting at $1,200. For more details or to purchase a table, visit http://www.animalfoundation.com/bestinshow/.
About The Animal Foundation
The Animal Foundation is a private, non-profit, multi-service agency dedicated to making a difference in the lives of animals in the Las Vegas Valley. To promote the humane treatment of animals, The Animal Foundation operates Nevada’s largest open-admission shelter (Lied Animal Shelter), taking in more than 45,000 lost, unwanted and abandoned pets every year. Additionally, the Foundation operates lost and found services, foster home and adoption services, a low-cost spay and neuter clinic and vaccination clinics, and community education. To learn more about The Animal Foundation or view adoptable pets online, visit animalfoundation.com and facebook.com/animalfoundation.
Established in 1999, Zappos.com has quickly become a leader in online apparel and footwear sales by striving to provide shoppers with the best possible service and selection. In 2008, the company’s gross merchandise sales exceeded $1 billion. Zappos.com currently stocks millions of products from over 1000 clothing and shoe brands. Zappos.com was recognized in 2009 by FORTUNE MAGAZINE as one of the “100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR”, debuting as the highest-ranking newcomer to FORTUNE’s 2009 list. More information about the company’s customer service philosophy, unique company culture, and job openings can be found at http://about.zappos.com More information about the “Zappos Insights” business membership program can be found at http://www.zapposinsights.com