Miracle Mile Shops Turns Fountain Pink in Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Miracle mile shopssusan g komen


In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino will turn its fountain pink this October. As part of the center’s Caring, Giving, Changing community campaign, all change tossed in the pink fountain will benefit the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen®.


Through Oct. 31, the fountain will display a pink hue in between regularly scheduled water shows. Coins tossed in the popular water feature and the center’s indoor rainstorm will be donated to the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen®. Regularly scheduled water shows take place at the top of every hour from noon to 11 p.m.

Fountain pink

Formed in 1996, the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. This year, the Affiliate raised more than $500,000 for projects in the local community.


Miracle Mile Shops’ partnership with Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is part of its Caring, Giving, Changing campaign, which raises funds for nonprofit programs and organizations through community sponsorships, additional partnerships and a number of cash and in-kind donations.
Community Investment – Your Dollars at Work:

The Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen® – along with those who generously support the organization with their talent, time and resources – is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. Through events like the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®, we have invested more than $6.8 million in local breast health and breast cancer projects in Southern Nevada over the past 19 years. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate provide grants for innovative community programs that reduce breast cancer mortality through screening, treatment, education and support services, while the remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research grants.


The Southern Nevada Affiliate conducts a community needs assessment that helps guide our work and establishes goals for granting priorities, education needs, public policy efforts, and strategic operations. This community profile identifies service gaps, barriers, and community needs and ensures that our local investments will be effective and impactful. This year, the Affiliate funded $535,000 in local breast health programs for the uninsured and underserved in Las Vegas and surrounding areas.


About Miracle Mile Shops:

Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino is a 1.2 mile retail/entertainment complex at the heart of the famed Las Vegas Strip featuring 170 specialty stores, 15 restaurants and live entertainment venues.  The center is home to PBR Rock Bar & Grill, boasting a Strip-side location with excellent food, drinks and bull riding; H&M; Sugar Factory, the sweet shop adored by Hollywood’s hottest celebrities; American clothing line and complete lifestyle brand Original Penguin; Chicago popcorn legend Garrett Popcorn Shops’ only Las Vegas location; GUESS; Urban Outfitters; True Religion Brand Jeans; 15,000-square-foot bar and restaurant Cabo Wabo® Cantina; Las Vegas’ very own Sin City Brewing Co.; Club Tattoo, featuring some of the best tattoo artists and body piercers in the nation; the first House of Hoops by Foot Locker in the city; as well as a multi-million dollar fountain show.  Miracle Mile Shops is owned by David Edelstein and Aby Rosen, in conjunction with leasing and marketing consultant Robert K. Futterman & Associates LLC.


Miracle Mile Shops is open 10 a.m. – 11 p.m. Sunday – Thursday and 10 a.m. – midnight Friday – Saturday.  For more information, call (888) 800-8284 or visit Keep up with the latest Miracle Mile Shops news via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Leave a Reply