CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF B&B RISTORANTE, OTTO ENOTECA E PIZZERIA
WITH MARIO BATALI ON APRIL 14
Anniversary Event Menu Announced, Along with Month-Long Specials Showcasing Classic
Dishes, Unique Pricing
Beloved Celebrity Chef Mario Batali will personally be on hand to celebrate the upcoming 10th anniversaries of his signatures restaurants B&B Ristorante and OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria with a special reception and dinner. In addition, the restaurants will launch month-long special menus showcasing classic dishes.
“These dishes are the distillation of our philosophy on Italian food: cook using local (and sometimes unpredictable) ingredients with the spirit of the Italian peninsula,” says Batali. “This is all in service of creating an exciting but familiar and delicious bite each and every time.”
10TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER ON APRIL 14
Beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, April 14, festivities will start with assaggi, prosecco and spirits served on OTTO’s lively patio located in the heart of St. Mark’s Square inside the Grand Canal Shoppes. Guests can expect passed appetizers and signature pizzas including:
- A festive cheese and meat display featuring classic Italian cheeses and OTTO’s signature housemade charcuterie
- Carrozza: fresh mozzarella deep fried, served with fresh Italian herbs
- Fried Ricotta: house-made ricotta, Castelvetrano olives and cherry pepper fritters
- Mixed Marinated Olives: a medley of Italian olives including Picholine, Castelvetrano, Gaeta and Cerignola olives, marinated with citrus zest, bay leaf thyme and fennel
- Calzone: with ricotta and Prosciutto di Parma
- Margherita Pizza: ripe tomato, bufala mozzarella and fresh basil
- Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza: Prosciutto di Parma, peppery arugula, fresh tomato, mozzarella and Cacio di Roma
Guests will also be served Batali’s favorite cocktails: The Venetian Spritz (Aperol liqueur, prosecco, orange slice, olive) and Joe Bastianich’s Flor Prosecco.
At 7:30 p.m., festivities will move to B&B Ristorante where guests will savor a 4-course meal showcasing a blend of dishes from when the restaurant opened and brand-new Spring additions. The courses will include:
- Antipasti (served family-style):
- Grilled octopus with “fagioli marinati” and spicy limoncello vinaigrette
- Three types of bruschetta: ceci, fava and Tuscan kale
- Warm lamb’s tongue with chanterelle mushrooms and a three-minute egg
- Primi (served family-style):
- “Mint Love Letters” with merguez sausage
- Beef cheek ravioli with black truffles and crushed duck liver
- Secondi (choice of one):
- Grilled quail with beet “farrotto”
- Short rib “al Barolo” with Anson Mills polenta and horseradish
- Crispy striped bass with spring vegetable “vignole”
- Dessert (served as a duo):
- Pistachio semifredo with chocolate chip torta
- Bruciato balsamico with strawberries
The price for the OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria reception will be $50 per person; the four-course dinner at B&B Ristorante will cost $150 per person. Guests may also purchase a combined ticket to both events at the price of $175 per person. Click here to purchase tickets.
Before the anniversary dinner—beginning April 1 and concluding April 30—B&B Ristorante and OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria will offer month-long special tasting menus encapsulating the spirit of the restaurants when they opened in 2007.
At B&B Ristorante, the anniversary tasting menu will include:
- Asparagus vinaigrette with black pepper pecorino zabaglione
- Spaghetti with garlic chives, sweet garlic and lobster
- “Mint Love Letters” with Merguez sausage
- Short rib “al Barolo” with Anson Mills polenta and horseradish
- Goat cheese torta
- Semolina Budino with rhubarb and mint marmellata
The price will be $99 per person; wine pairings can be added for an additional $99 per person.
At OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria, the special menu will feature various dishes from the restaurant’s original menu, all priced at $10 per dish. Selections will include:
- Carrozza: fresh mozzarella, deep fried, served with fresh Italian herbs
- Calzone with ricotta and Prosciutto di Parma
- Caprese: fresh mozzarella, oven-roasted tomato and basil pesto
- Acetaia salad with tender baby greens, cucumber, a hardboiled egg, Prosciutto di Parma, and Aceto Manodori
- Grilled radicchio with smoked mozzarella and aceto cavedone
- Salumi di giorno
“Dishes like the Mint Love Letters have been favorites since we opened Babbo in 1998 (which was the inspiration for B&B Ristorante). I think I’d be banned from Greenwich Village if we ever removed them from the menu! The same can now be said for Las Vegas and B&B Ristorante,” concludes Batali.
ABOUT B&B RISTORANTE AT THE VENETIAN
At B&B Ristorante, Chef Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich’s award-winning New York City-based Italian restaurant experience uses only the best local ingredients, treats them as artfully as possible then serves them with gusto. Batali and Bastianich have created an incredible menu paired with Italy’s finest wines in a simple and elegant atmosphere. Batali’s signature dishes appeal to all personalities, from the classic to the adventurous. Bastianich’s wine list showcases selections from every region in Italy, many of them available by the “quartino” (quarter-liter). In B&B Ristorante’s dining room, classical Old World charm meets the stylish appeal of the Las Vegas Strip. B&B Ristorante is located inside The Venetian Las Vegas. B&B Ristorante is open nightly starting at 5 p.m. For more information, go to BandBRistorante.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@BandBRistorante).
ABOUT OTTO ENOTECA E PIZZERIA
OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria combines the vibe of an elegant Venetian enoteca with the energy of a crowded Italian train station. The menu is diverse and decadent, flexible and full of variety. Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich’s OTTO features an ever-evolving menu of thin crust roman-style pizzas, antipasti meats and cheeses, salads, pastas and main dishes, accompanied with a relaxed atmosphere that is perfect for a quick snack, big group or family night out. Pronounced oh-TOH, in Italian, OTTO means “8,” representing the restaurant’s original location on 8th street in New York. Enoteca is the term used in Italy for small, local or regional wine shops where guests may sample wines from area producers. OTTO is located inside the bustling St. Mark’s Square inside The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. For more information or to make reservations, go to LasVegas.OTTOPizzeria.com or call (702) 677-3390. Like on Facebook and Instagram and follow on Twitter (@OTTOLasVegas).