All eyes were on country music star Miranda Lambert at last night’s 2014 Country Music Association Awards, and not just for her four award wins and buzzworthy performance with pop star Meghan Trainor. As one of the red carpet’s ‘best dressed’, we were head-over-heels for Miranda’s stunning and varied looks throughout the evening. To recreate Miranda’s country glam hairstyles at home, Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph shares her step-by-steps on how to get each of Miranda’s looks.
Red carpet Hollywood glam
- To protect and strengthen blonde locks like Miranda’s, apply a small amount Pureology Strength Cure Fabulous Lengths on damp hair from roots to ends.
- Layer two pumps Bodifying Luminator texturing shine-foam and one pump of Gold Definer contour shine-gel for volume, control, and shine. Blow-dry with a medium round brush to create bend and bounce.
- Using a ¾-inch iron, curl hair around the iron. Pin hair with prong clips and allow to cool.
- Take out clips, create a side part and brush hair with a soft bristle brush. Smooth right side behind the ear and secure with pins.
- Emulsify a small amount of Density Definer medium hold crème wax in palm of hands. Smooth top and right side for extra polish and shine.
- Finish by piecing remaining locks with an additional application of Density Definer medium hold crème wax.
The modern textured bob
- Start with dry hair and apply Root Lift spray hair mousse throughout for grip and texture.
- Blow-dry with fingers to create volume and separation.
- Using a 1-inch iron, take vertical sections and curl random pieces back and forth.
- Rake curls with fingers to loosen while applying Piecing Sculpt high holding sculpting fiber paste for definition.
- Back comb under layers of hair with fingers to provide added lift and fullness.
- Finish with Supreme Control high-hold hairspray for an all-night hold.
A smooth finish as Female Vocalist of the Year
- Begin with damp hair and mist Pureology Colour Fanatic from roots to ends. This perfect primer will protect hair from heat and keep colour vibrant.
- Apply two pumps of Gold Definer contour shine-gel throughout for smoothness and shine. Wrap dry hair with a paddle brush.
- Starting from the bottom and working to the top, take 1/2- inch panels of hair and flat iron.
- Finish with a mist of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for light hold and added shine.
Last night, the 47th Country Music Awards brought out country music’s brightest stars in Nashville, Tennessee. While everyone was dressed to the nines, we couldn’t keep our eyes off of the gorgeous locks flowing down the red carpet and performing on stage. From Carrie Underwood’s side swept voluminous waves to Kacey Musgraves’ delicate side pony to Taylor Swift’s perfectly placed up-do, these country darlings completely stole the show.
As Seen On:
1. Lightly mist COLOUR FANATIC multi-tasking hair beautifier on damp hair for shine and heat protection.
2. Apply ROOTLIFT spray hair mousse at the base and SILK BODIFIER volumizing mousse to the mid shaft and ends.
3. Blow dry with medium round brush for volume and curl.
4. Secure each section into medium barrel curls with clips and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Drop curls and brush with soft bristle brush. Finish with STRENGTHENING CONTROL zero-dulling hairspray for hold and brilliant shine.
Get the Look:
1. Mist HIGHLIGHT STYLIST SEA-KISSED TEXTURIZER salt-free tousle mist on dry hair.
2. Braid hair into 4-6 sections to create texture.
3. Once hair is dry, release braids and use fingers to shake out the texture.
4. Use FRESH APPROACH DRY SHAMPOO on the roots and lightly tease at the crown.
5. Gather hair to a low side pony and secure with an elastic.
6. Wrap a small amount hair around pony to hide elastic and pin underneath.
7. Finish with FRESH APPROACH DRY CONDITIONER for amazing shine and smoothness.
Get the Look:
1. On damp hair apply 2 pumps of HIGHLIGHT STYLIST BODIFYING LUMINATOR texturizing shine foam and a dime size amount of CUTICLE POLISHER shine serum.
2. Blow dry directing the hair back away from face. Leaving out the bangs to fall forward.
3. Mist hair with STRENGTHENING CONTROL zero-dulling hairspray and lightly tease at the crown.
4. Hold lengths of hair at the base of the neck and secure a row of pins
5. Wrap hair into pin curls and secure along the previously placed pins.
6. Finish with SUPREME CONTROL maximum hold zero-dulling hairspray for long lasting hold and shine
Step by steps created by:
Sandra Joseph and Angela Noreck of Pureology Serious Colour care
About Pureology Serious Colour Care
All Pureology formulas offer an industry first: Longer Lasting Hair Colour – GUARANTEED!® For more information visit www.pureology.com and like Pureology on Facebook. Please note, Pureology products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, “beauty websites” or other unauthorized retailers.