St. Patrick’s Day revelers fill The LINQ Promenade for the annual O’ Sheas BLOQ Party.
(File Photo Courtesy of The LINQ Promenade)
POPULAR O’SHEAS BLOQ PARTY TO RETURN ST. PATRICK’S DAY WEEKEND AT THE LINQ
Festive Activities Include the Annual Parade, Food and Drink Specials, A Weekend-Long Crawl and Live Entertainment Beginning Friday, March 15
The weekend of St. Patrick’s Day will be full of green and gold festivities at The LINQ, starting Friday, March 15 through Sunday, March 17.
The annual event attracts fun and festive crowds ready to celebrate at the O’Sheas BLOQ Party – the free St. Patrick’s Day celebration in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip.
The festive multiday celebration – centered around the Irish-themed casino and pub, which is celebrating 30 years of shenanigans. O’Sheas Casino will offer a traditional St. Patrick’s Day celebration with a Vegas-style twist. For the first time, guests will be encouraged to participate in a weekend-long crawl with several stops in The LINQ Hotel & Casino, with the final stop being O’Sheas Casino to redeem your prize. Participating locations include: Corner Kitchen & Donuts, Purple Zebra, Nook Express, 3535, Catalyst Bar, The Book and O’Sheas. Throughout The LINQ Promenade, there will be bagpipers, live bands, DJs, festive décor, live entertainment, a beer truck and more.
Friday, March 15
5 p.m.: The Irish drinking band, Darby O’Gill to perform on the fountain stage
7 p.m.: Silversage to take the stage at O’Sheas
Saturday, March 16
Noon-4 p.m.: Evenflow to perform at O’Sheas
3 p.m.: Bagpipers playing throughout The LINQ Promenade
4-8 p.m.: Crown Avenue to perform at O’Sheas
6 p.m.: The ‘90s experience band, Empire Records to perform on the fountain stage
8 p.m.-12 a.m.: Darby O’Gill to perform at O’Sheas
Sunday, March 17
12 p.m.: St. Patrick’s Day parade led by Brian “Lucky” Thomas with a marching band, stilt walkers and Irish dancers traveling down The LINQ Promenade. Beads will be handed out to the crowd and the parade will end with an official toast given by Lucky inside O’Sheas. St. Patrick’s Day swag will be available for purchase all day Sunday at the O’Sheas retail pop up.
12-3 p.m.: Roxy Gunn to perform at O’Sheas
4-8 p.m.: Silversage to perform at O’Sheas
5 p.m.: Bagpipers performing throughout The LINQ Promenade and the fountain stage area.
9 p.m.-12 a.m.: Darby O’Gill to perform at O’Sheas
No LINQ Promenade party would be complete without the illumination of the High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel, which will be lit green each night starting Friday through Sunday.
There will be many exclusive St. Paddy’s Day food and beverage offerings from The LINQ Promenade partners, including:
- Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar – Green nachos, green tacos, green burritos and green beer will be offered. Guinness will be on draft with 16 and 32-ounce options, as well as Jameson and green Patrón shots.
- Haute Doggery – Luck of the Irish Dog (char-grilled frank, corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, relish and mustard) – $7.99.
- Flour & Barley – Brick Oven Pizza – Bangers and Mash Pizza (jalapeño mustard cream sauce, sausage potato, farm egg, bacon and corned beef) and green Coors Light beer.
- Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen + Bar – Guy’s “Killer” Corned Beef and Cabbage (8-day brine, cabbage, carrots and buttered potatoes) served with spicy mustard and creamy horseradish sauce – $24.50.
- Off The Strip Bistro & Bar – St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef Breakfast (corned beef and hash, 2 eggs any style) – $19; a Corned Beef Hoagie (hoagie roll, swiss cheese, homemade coleslaw and chips) – $16 and Traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage (corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes) – $32. Drink specials include Jameson, Jägermeister and Fireball cocktails. For festive beer options Guinness and green PBR will be served.
- O’Sheas Casino – Drink specials include Jameson, Malibu and Altos shots, 16-ounce draft Coors Light, Miller Lite, Guinness and Murphy’s as well as Irish Car Bombs and New Amsterdam and Red Bull.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – Shamrock Cupcakes (mint candy, studded chocolate cake, green mint frosting) and a green waffle cone available for all ice cream purchases.
- Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery – Open for breakfast at 9 a.m. and drink specials offered including green Coors Light and Bud Light, any beer and a shot of Jameson or Fireball and 16-ounce Guinness or Kilt Lifter.
- Virgil’s Real BBQ – Genuine Irish Stuffed Corned Beef Sliders, two for $7. Drink specials include The Irish Mule, Irish Milkshake, Irish Eye opener, Guinness Buckets (choice of black or gold, five per bucket), Jameson shots or an authentic Irish Whiskey Tasting.
ABOUT THE LINQ PROMENADE
The LINQ Promenade is the world-renowned, award-winning open-air district featuring more than 30 unique entertainment, retail and dining experiences with more to open in 2019. The LINQ Promenade also plays host to a variety of special events, festivals and parades throughout the year. Home to High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel, and FLY LINQ, the only zipline on the Las Vegas strip, The LINQ Promenade is now the center for world-class attractions. High Roller quickly emerged as an instantly recognizable part of the already-iconic Las Vegas skyline and consistently ranks as one of the best, “must see” attractions by media outlets and websites around the world, ranging from Travel + Leisure to USA Today and Trip Advisor. The wheel’s 28 glass-enclosed cabins feature an interactive 30-minute experience 550 feet in the air that includes video and music that fades away to unveil spectacular views. The sky is the limit for in-cabin experiences such as the popular Happy Half Hour (an exclusive open bar for guests 21 and over); Chocolate Tasting with Ethel M Chocolates and Yoga in the Sky. The brand-new FLY LINQ provides unparalleled views and features 10 side-by-side ziplines capable of simultaneously launching all riders from a 114-foot-tall launch tower to travel 1,121 feet through The LINQ Promenade at speeds up to 35 MPH. For more information, go to TheLINQ.com or the Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas media room. Find @LINQPromenade on Facebook and follow on Twitter and Instagram.
ABOUT THE LINQ HOTEL & CASINO
As the social hub at the center of the Las Vegas Strip, The LINQ Hotel & Casino offers a total of 2,253 newly renovated rooms including 244 suites with two unique penthouses and 25 cabana rooms with direct access to the pool. Positioned between Flamingo Las Vegas and Harrah’s Las Vegas, guests experience one distinctive destination with The LINQ Promenade and High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel. Designed with the modern traveler in mind, the resort launched the first fully integrated self check-in program on the Las Vegas Strip in 2015. Enjoy celebrated chef Guy Fieri’s first Las Vegas restaurant, Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar, award-winning Hash House a Go Go and direct access to O’Sheas Casino, Off The Strip and Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar. Entertainment and nightlife experiences include 3535, a unique take on the lobby bar, as well as magician Mat Franco, “America’s Got Talent” Season Nine winner. The brand-new race and sports book experience, The Book, offers unique fan caves and innovative technology. The LINQ Hotel & Casino also offers a reimagined pool deck featuring two pools, the new 15,000-square-foot Spa at The LINQ and fitness center, The Silver Sky Chapel for intimate weddings and 63,000 square feet of meeting space. The LINQ Hotel & Casino is operated by a subsidiary of Caesars Entertainment Corporation (NASDAQ: CZR). For more information, please visit TheLINQ.com. Find The LINQ on Facebook and follow on Twitter and Instagram.