From the streets to the masses, vibrant haircolor is everywhere, with women and men flocking to the salon chair to rock bold looks adopted by celebrities and seen across numerous editorial spreads. Redken answers their growing demand with City Beats, a conditioning color cream designed to create the edgiest looks for the ultimate in color expression. The twelve high vibrancy shades of City Beats unleash the sights and sounds of New York City through professional salon haircolor so women and men can now feel the energy and hear the beat of the city streets while blazing their own creative path.
The City Beats collection consists of twelve stay-true hues from bold to pastel shades in a new formula that conditions and seals the hair cuticle for lasting vibrant color and healthy-looking hair. The haircolor is a direct-dye that lasts for up to twelve shampoos and can be applied to both natural and previously colored hair. Each shade has its own story and namesake inspired by the edge and energy of New York City’s iconic landmarks and trendiest neighborhoods:
- West Village Sunset: Discover one of NYC’s chicest neighborhoods. Walk the cobblestone streets, pop into shop or two and then grab a seat at a sidewalk café to watch the vivid orange sunset.
- Broadway Blue: Experience the unique edge of NYC. Feel the energy of the crowds, hear the beat of the music, and see the stage lights shining in shades of bold blue.
- Yellow Cab: Explore NYC from Central Park to South Ferry. Look out the window as you zoom down Fifth Avenue, past The Redken Exchange, and take in the sights and sounds of the city from an iconic yellow cab.
- Chelsea Coral: Explore the art galleries of Chelsea and get inspired. Stop by the iconic Chelsea Market for a quick bite and then back to gallery-hopping to NYC’s coolest contemporary artwork with pops of coral.
- High Line Green: Spend an afternoon at The High Line, NYC’s most innovative urban green space. See the native plants that bloom on this once-abandoned stretch of elevated rail line, now transformed into a modern and beautiful city park.
- Brooklyn Blue: Bike over the Brooklyn Bridge and gaze at the crystal blue sky over the East River. Discover the coolest restaurants, trendiest shops, and under-the-radar music venues of NYC’s hippest borough.
- East Village Violet: Meet up in the East Village for the best nightlife in NYC. Start with cocktails and then go club hopping and dance to the beat of your favorite DJ underneath the vivid violet strobe lights.
- Midtown Magenta: Go window shopping in Midtown and treat yourself to some serious fashion inspiration. See the bright magenta lights of the Empire State Building, then snap a selfie to show off your NYC street style.
- Times Square Teal: Take on Times Square and experience the hustle and bustle that’s the hallmark of NYC. Walk past the neon teal billboards, see the spot where the ball drops on New Year’s Eve, and snag tickets to the hottest show in town.
- Big Apple Red: Get inspired by the sights and sounds of the city that never sleeps. Meet under the clock at Grand Central Station wearing your chicest show-stopping red, then see a show at Radio City Music Hall.
- City Ballet Pink: Sit center at the city ballet and fall in love with the romance of NYC. See the dancers glide across the stage in pale pink pointe shoes and get swept away by the beauty and grace.
- Indigo Skyline: Admire the NYC skyline and experience one of the most inspiring sights in the world. Feel your creativity awaken as you’re greeted by the iconic city lights sparkling against the deep indigo skyline.
“Trend-conscious women and men are looking to mimic the vibrant haircolor hues seen everywhere,” says Redken Artist Sean Godard. “I’m so excited Redken has answered this growing demand with City Beats. The shade possibilities are endless and the semi-permanent formula allows women to customize their look for the ultimate in color expression.”
Keeping true to the city that never sleeps, Redken has enlisted art icon Eric Haze, a native New Yorker, to create City Beats’ street-inspired package design. From galleries to boutiques, Haze’s graffiti writing is easily recognizable and has made an impact in the worlds of art and design for over three decades. Chloe Nørgaard, New York City-based model, trendsetter and haircolor chameleon, was also announced as the newest Redken muse. For her debut, Redken Artist, Justin Isaac gave her a bold turquoise blue look. Chloe will work with Redken Artist, Sean Godard to debut a new look every month on Instagram so be sure to follow @Redken5thAvenue and @chloenorgaard for more colorful looks and inspiration.
After receiving a professional color service using City Beats shades, consumers can maintain their color at home with Redken’s Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo and Conditioner. To find the nearest Redken salon, visit http://www.redken.com/salon-finder.
Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.