Las Vegas Performers Come Together To Present Musical Fusion Fundraisers’ ‘Life Is A Cabaret,’ A Showcase To Benefit Rudy Foundation13 Sep 2013, Posted by Charity Events, Music in
LAS VEGAS PERFORMERS COME TOGETHER TO PRESENT MUSICAL FUSION FUNDRAISERS’ ‘LIFE IS A CABARET,’ A SHOWCASE TO BENEFIT RUDY FOUNDATION
WHAT: Rudy Foundation is proud to announce its new fundraising program for the arts, MUSICAL FUSION FUNDRAISERS (MFF). MFF presents its first story-telling showcase, “Life Is a Cabaret: A Story about Relationships,” featuring local directors, educators and performers from Las Vegas’ most celebrated productions.
MFF adds a twist to the traditional cabaret by bringing different styles of music together into one production to tell a story. Each MFF cabaret will tell a unique story and inspire audiences with a new message. “Life Is a Cabaret” will focus primarily on Broadway show tunes from Jekyll & Hyde, Aida, Once, Next To Normal, Wicked, The Secret Garden, while also incorporating pop music to help tell a story about the joys and woes of relationships.
- Michael Vojvodich — Director and Instructor of Broadway Bound, the musical theater program at Studio One’s Summerlin Dance Academy that focuses on teaching children music, choreography, and performance technique from Broadway shows. Michael’s extensive resume of leading roles includes Jesus Christ Superstar, Jekyll and Hyde, Little Shop of Horrors, A Little Night Music, West Side Story, and Grease.
- Alex Cheney — Entertainment Manager for Caesars Entertainment and Vocal Director for Broadway Bound, Alex is a former dancer in Bally’s Jubilee! And has performed for Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Opryland Productions, and Louise Mandrell. He also spent almost six years at sea as a singer/dancer and production manager for Stiletto Entertainment and Holland America Line. On stage, he’s portrayed leading roles in She Loves Me, The Magic Flute, and Sound of Music.
- Amanda Hope Terrill — Talent Coordinator for Caesars Entertainment and singer for St. Thomas Moore Catholic Community, Amanda’s involvement in local theatre throughout the past decade includes working for PS Productions, Huntsman Entertainment, Broadway Bound, and Las Vegas Little Theatre, and performing for Signature Productions’ All Shook Up, Little Shop of Horrors, and Sound of Music.
- Melissa Riezler — Locally known for her role as former ‘Anna’ of Signature Productions’ 2009 production of The King and I, Melissa’s extensive resume includes over six years of performing for Walt Disney World with Disney Productions and leading roles in Las Vegas shows including Annie,Sound of Music, and Oliver!.
- Julian Lam — Winner of the J. Huntzinger Concerto Competition in 2004 and 2005, Julian Lam has developed an impressive musical skill set over his 15 years of working as an accompanist and piano teacher. After being instructed by Dr. Mykola Suk, professor of University Nevada, Las Vegas and Dr. James Giles, professor of Northwestern University, he earned both a Bachelor and Master of Music degree in piano performance from UNLV.
- Karen Langford — Technical Director of Broadway Bound, Karen’s experience ranges from lead vocalist for a Top 40s cover band to a committed involvement in technical stage work for Signature Productions and P.S. Productions.
Saturday, September 21 at 7:30pm
Sunday, September 22 at 2pm
Tickets are $20 per person and available for purchase online at www.showtix4u.com.
Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center
1771 Inner Circle Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89134