Spring – Summer 2014
Hair by Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Creative Consultant Guido aligned the hair this season with the youthful, carefree style of Marc’s collection. Once the wigs were lightened, Guido’s team went back and darkened the roots to replicate regrowth. From the color to the choppy, somewhat messy cut, this look screams youthful nonconformity at its best.
“Why wigs? I suppose Marc and I really liked the uniformity that only wigs can create on the runway. This look was designed to encompass the type of free-spirited girl that Marc loves and ultimately designs for. She is somewhat punk and boyish, which is why the wig is bowl-shaped and asymmetrically cut around the face. It is almost as if she took the scissors to her own hair, completely confident and entirely in tune with her own personal style.”-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
– guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
– control addict 28 high hold hairspray
– forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Create the Look:
- Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to dry hair from roots to ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated.
- Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back. Make three or four parts if hair is very thick.
- Clip the bottom section down and out of the way, and then using a finishing brush; start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction. Repeat this with each section making sure it’s very clean and neat-looking when finished.
- Blow dry hair until completely dry. Apply control addict 28 high hold hairspray and then place wig cap on so it completely covers the head.
- Once the wig is secure, apply forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to add texture
Photos by Matt Lever for Redken.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave