Monte Carlo Resort & Casinowelcomes culinary adventurers to dine their way through “Booze & Bites,” a new, interactive dinner pairing series that incorporates an impressive selection of wine, beer or spirits. Each month, a different restaurant at Monte Carlo will guide guests through a themed, five-course menu as prepared and presented by the restaurant’s executive chef. Monte Carlo’s team of culinary experts will handpick a select sought-after spirit, wine or brew in preparation for a stellar presentation of cuisine, creating a fun, memorable evening for guests.
The Booze & Bites series will take place the last Wednesday of every month with the first dinner kicking off at Yusho on Wednesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and can be purchased by calling Monte Carlo Concierge at 702-730-7010. Guests must be 21 years or older to attend.
The first two dinners of the 2015 series are as follows:
Sake Pairing at Yusho: Wednesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Wirtz Beverage, Yusho will present the following dinner pairing menu, priced at $65 per person:
- Oysters & Scallops with Harry’s Berries and nori cones; paired with Banzai Bunny Blueberry Sparkling Sake.
- Fluke Crudo with citrus, soy and tobiko; paired with Konteki Daiginjo “Tears of Dawn.”
- Logan Poser Ramen with pork belly, umeboshi, soy eggs and pickles; paired with Kikusui Funaguchi “Red.”
- Surf & Turf with tenderloin, lobster, potato pavé, beurre monté and trumpets; paired with Kikusui Funaguchi “Black.”
- Strawberry Cheesecake with tofu, walnut and caramel; paired with Kijoshu, a sake that has been aged for eight years.
Wine Pairing at BRAND Steakhouse: Wednesday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Terlato Wines, BRAND Steakhouse will present the following dinner pairing menu, priced at $75 per person, all-inclusive:
- Grilled Octopus with squid ink pappardelle and wild boar sugo; paired with Chateau De Sancerre, Sancerre.
- Foie Gras with pickled apricots, caramelized figs, duck pastrami and grilled crostini; paired with Sokol Blosser, Pinot Noir.
- 60-Day Kobe with dry-aged sirloin, bleu cheese mousse and poached pear; paired with Chimney Rock, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Duck Ravioli with duck consommé, duck confit and Spring Vegetable Escabeche Salad; paired with The Federalist, Zinfandel.
- Caramel Popcorn Crème Brûlée with candied apple, caramel popcorn and salted caramel ice cream; paired with Sandeman, Founders Reserve Port.