Ring in the New Year with South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa’s Most Reputable Eateries and Special Menus
South Point Hotel’s restaurants, including Don Vito’s, Primarily Prime Rib, Silverado Steak House and the Garden Buffet, will serve specialty menus to help guests celebrate the beginning of a new year.
Don Vito’s will serve a four-course menu with a complimentary bottle of wine for every two people for $55 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
- Appetizers: Roasted Vegetable Cannelloni, served on roasted pepper coulis; Lump Crab Cakes, drizzled with sherry butter sauce; or Antipasto Platter, with select Italian meats and cheeses, served with pickled vegetables.
- Soup and Salad: Tuscany Artichoke Dip, with crème fraiche; or Classic Caesar Salad.
- Entrées: The Don’s Surf and Turf, 6-ounce broiled beef of filet, served with Italian style stuffed shrimp, drizzled with roasted garlic butter; Pasta Pescatora, half Maine lobster, shrimp, scallops, clams and mussels, served in a lightly spiced marinara sauce over angel hair pasta; Broiled Lamp Chops, with a honey mustard crust, and a roasted shallot reduction; or Pancetta Wrapped Sea Bass, stuffed with lobster and avocado, oven baked with a sun dried tomato cream sauce. All entrées include a side of pasta or seasonal vegetables.
- Desserts: Salted Carmel Bundino, Lemon Ricotta Cheese Cake, served with seasonal berries; or Triple Chocolate Fluff, dark, white and milk chocolate mousses. Guests have the choice of coffee or tea with dessert.
Primarily Prime Rib will serve a three-course menu with a complimentary bottle of wine for every two people for $45 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
- Appetizers: Smoked Duck Lettuce Wraps, house smoked duck breast, served with Asian coleslaw and topped with hoisin sauce; Shrimp Cocktail, served with horseradish cocktail sauce; Chicken Satay, grilled chicken tenderloin over an orange quinoa salad, topped with peanut dipping sauce; or Celebration Salad, romaine and bib lettuce, served with hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, teardrop tomatoes and topped with a champagne vinaigrette.
- Entrées: Roasted Prime Rib of Beef, 10-ounce cut, dry aged and slowly cooked for full flavor; Coq Au Vin, free range chicken breast simmered with red wine and herbs, bacon, pearl onions and mushrooms; Oven Roasted Stuffed Filet of Salmon, served with shrimp and crab filling, topped with saffron cream; Surf and Turf, 3-ounce medallion of beef with merlot reduction, and 3-ounce fillet of halibut, topped with sundried tomato crust and tomato beurre blanc; or Filet Mignon, 8-ounce steak topped with sautéed mushroom caps and garlic butter, served with a choice of saffron rice, Yukon Gold creamed potato or baked potato and asparagus tips.
- Desserts: Fresh Raspberry Tart topped with crème anglaise; Chocolate Roulade, served with seasonal berries and whipped cream; or Chocolate Drizzled Bandy Snaps topped with strawberry mousse. Guests will have the option to have tea or coffee with dessert.
Silverado Steak House will serve a four-course menu with a complimentary bottle of wine for every two people for $69 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
- Appetizers: Chilled Shrimp Cocktail with Louise Rose sauce; Silverado Chicken Turnovers, served with boursin cheese and mushrooms in a red pepper cream; Seafood Celebration, grilled shrimp served on a crostini, lump crab taco and lobster bisque; or Oven Baked Figs, wrapped in apple wood smoked bacon, filled with goat cheese, topped with a balsamic glaze.
- Soup and Salad: Oyster Rockefeller Soup, rich cream of spinach with Penrod poached oysters; Peppered Pear and Spinach Salad, topped with a warm balsamic and bacon vinaigrette and served with goat cheese crostini; or Chilled Asparagus, Endive and Heirloom Tomato Salad, topped with saffron cream vinaigrette.
- Entrées: Surf and Turf Tower, sautéed shrimp, broiled beef medallion, straw potato crouton and merlot demi, served with asparagus tips; Salmon Trinity, cajun seared filet, topped with crawfish tails and shrimp with a cream sauce, finished with Louisiana Gold, and served with plantation corn and trinity rice; Long Island Duck Breast Chambord, pan seared duck breast, topped with Chambord sauce, served with wild rice and green beans; Filet Mignon, 8-ounce beef tenderloin with merlot reduction, served with chateau potato and green beans; or Blackened Rib Eye, 12-ounce cut dry aged beef, chipotle spiced and pan seared, served with barbeque and plum sauces, sautéed potatoes and spinach, topped with golden fried onion strings.
- Desserts: Black Cherry Parfait, a chocolate cup with chocolate cake, marinated Bing cherries, black cherry gelato, topped with whipped cream; Warm Center Truffle Cake, under pulled sugar cage and topped with raspberry crème anglaise; or Crème Brule Trio, classical, strawberry and chocolate flavor. Dessert will be served with the choice of coffee or tea.
The Garden Buffet will serve a New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day Brunch Buffet for $16.95 with a Club Card or $19.95 without a Club Card from 8 a.m. through 2 p.m., which will include bottomless Bloody Mary’s. The special Brunch Buffet offers an assortment of à la carte breakfast options including Steak and Eggs, New York Steak, Eggs Benedict and Chantilly, Banana Foster Style Golden French Toast, Pancakes served with fruit toppings and Sliced Lox and Bagels. Guests can also enjoy Hot and Sour Chinese Soup, Peel and Ear Shrimp, Oscar Style Chicken, Adobe rubbed Pork Cutlets served with corn pico de gallo, Chili Rellenos topped with tomatillo cream, Seafood Cioppino, Fresh Seared Salmon, Chinese Pepper Steak, Louisiana Gumbo and more. The Garden Buffet provides a variety of desserts including Peach Cobbler, Homemade Bread Pudding and French Pastries.
Additionally, the Garden Buffet will serve a New Year’s Eve Seafood Dinner Buffet for $25.95 with a Club Card or $29.95 without a Club Card from 3 to 10 p.m., where guests will receive unlimited champagne. The seafood dinner buffet offers an assortment of à la carte options including, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Oysters on the half shell, Chilled Crab Legs, Prime Rib of Beef, Stuffed Pork Loin, Chipotle Glazed Salmon, Steamed Crab Legs, Steamed Clams and Louisiana Seafood Gumbo. Buffet stations will also be serving New England Clam Bake, Chinese 5 Spice Chicken, Chicken Angelo, Pork Cutlets with Green Peppercorn Cream, Carne Asada and more. Guests can satisfy the sweet tooth craving with desserts such as build your own Strawberry Shortcake, Gelato Bar, cheesecakes, cream pies and cupcakes. The Garden Buffet offers an assortment of soups, salads, fresh fruits and six live international cooking stations.
All guests must be 21 years of age or older with valid form of ID to receive the complimentary bottle of wine. Tax and gratuity are not included. For more information or reservations, please visit South Point’s dining website.
About South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Featuring more than 2,100 guestrooms, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa overlooks the famous Las Vegas Strip and the serenity of the surrounding mountainscape. Each oversized guest room features state-of-the-art LED televisions as well as WiFi with high-speed internet connections. Guests visiting South Point will experience affordable luxury through a casino offering top-of-the-line gaming technology, more than 60 table games and a separate race and sports book area, 11 restaurants, including the award-winning Michael’s Gourmet Room, the world-class Costa Del Sur Spa and Salon, a 400-seat showroom featuring headliner entertainment, a 700-seat Bingo room, a 16-screen Cinemark movie complex, a state-of-the-art 64-lane bowling center, a 52,000-square foot Conference Center and an 80,000-square foot Exhibit Hall. South Point Hotel is also home to the Tournament Bowling Plaza, a multi-million dollar professional bowling tournament facility. In addition, South Point has the finest equestrian event facility in the country. The 240,000 square feet of event space features three climate-controlled arenas, vet clinic, feed store, more than 1,200 climate-controlled stalls and plays host to some of the country’s most unique events. South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa is at 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89183.