Stratosphere Tower to Welcome
40 Millionth Tower Visitor
Lucky Visitor to Win Stay & Play Getaway Valued at $2,500
The iconic Stratosphere Tower, majestically reaching 1,149 feet above the famous Las Vegas Strip, will soon celebrate a big milestone – its 40 millionth visitor.
To celebrate, the lucky 40 millionth visitor to Stratosphere Tower will win a big prize – a Stay & Play Getaway valued at more than $2,500.
“Stratosphere Tower is synonymous with the excitement of Las Vegas,” said Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower vice president & general manager Paul Hobson. “Our Tower is a popular culture icon that defines our city’s skyline appearing regularly in movies, television shows, newscasts and publications around the world.”
Guests must enter the Tower with paid admission and be at least 21 years of age for the chance to win the 40 millionth visitor Stay & Play Getaway prize package, consisting of:
- Two night stay in a Stratosphere Suite for two guests
- Dinner for two at the award-winning revolving Top of the World Restaurant on Level 106
- Two tickets to see Frankie Moreno Live at Stratosphere or PIN UP™ starring PLAYBOY’s 2011 Playmate of the Year® Claire Sinclair
- Champagne bottle service in the recently renovated Level 107 Lounge
- $1,149 in free slot play
- Limousine service (to/from McCarran airport or local address to Stratosphere)
Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower opened in April of 1996 providing visitors with a panoramic view from the tallest freestanding observation tower in the country. The Tower is the tallest structure in Las Vegas, the tallest building West of the Mississippi River and the tallest freestanding observation tower in the country offering an indoor and outdoor experience.
While many Tower visitors are drawn by the breathtaking views of the Las Vegas valley, others seek out the adrenaline rush. The Tower is home to an unequaled variety of thrilling rides, including Big Shot (Level 112), Insanity and X-Scream (Level 109). SkyJump Las Vegas (Level 108) is the Guinness World Record holder for highest commercial decelerator descent.
Stratosphere Tower also offers a number of dining options including the award-winning Top of the World Restaurant, Las Vegas’ only continuously rotating restaurant offering 360-degree panoramic views of the Las Vegas Valley and visionary cuisine. Top of the World is recognized by critics and diners as one of the best restaurants in Las Vegas, and is frequently voted Best Place to View the City in the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Best of Las Vegas Awards. The rotating restaurant has also been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 17 years in a row, every year from 1996 to present.
Stratosphere Tower is open Sunday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 1 a.m., and Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets for are $18, plus tax. Discounts apply for Nevada locals.
For more information regarding ticket prices or entry to the Tower please call 800.99.TOWER or visit StratosphereHotel.com.
Stratosphere Tower Fast Facts:
- Opened April 30, 1996
- Stands at 1,149 feet
- Weighs approximately 100 million pounds
- Cost approximately $80 million dollars to build
- The diameter of the base of the Tower is 210 feet
- The diameter of the pod of the Tower is 160 feet
- Four double deck elevators travel 1,800 feet per minute at 20.5 miles per hour
- Indoor observation deck on Level 108 is climate controlled with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Outdoor observation deck is on Level 109
- Chapel in the Clouds (844 feet above the Strip) holds more than 1,200 weddings a year
Stratosphere Tower is taller than:
- Seattle Space Needle (605 feet)
- Statue of Liberty (305 feet)
- London Eye (443 feet)
- Eiffel Tower Las Vegas (540 feet)
- St. Louis Arch (630 feet)
- Hoover Dam (726 feet)
- Golden Gate Bridge (746 feet)
- Eiffel Tower Paris (1,063 feet)
About Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower:
Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower is a Las Vegas Strip resort with an 80,000-square-foot casino. The 1,149-foot Stratosphere Tower is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States, featuring the Top of the World restaurant and highest view of the Las Vegas Strip from the Observation Deck as well as SkyJump Las Vegas and thrill rides Big Shot, X-Scream and Insanity. Known as a great value to gamblers, Stratosphere is located close to the Convention Center at the gateway to downtown Las Vegas. It features 2,427 guest rooms and suites, uniquely themed restaurants, the Tower shops, Frankie Moreno Live at Stratosphere a production show, PIN UP™, and late night live musical entertainment from David Perrico-Pop Evolution once a month. Additionally, Stratosphere’s ace | PLAY™ program allows players to enjoy awards, comps and exclusives based on their loyalty to American Casino & Entertainment’s four properties: Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower on the Las Vegas Strip, Aquarius Casino Resort in Laughlin, Nevada, and two Arizona Charlie’s locations in Las Vegas. For more information, visit StratosphereHotel.com, call 702-380-7777 or 800-99-TOWER (998-6937).