Last night, hit entertainer and beloved showman Matt Goss celebrated his 10-year anniversary as a Las Vegas Strip headliner with a special performance playing to a full house at 1OAK Nightclub inside The Mirage. The admired British crooner began his Las Vegas residency career in 2009 and now headlines an extended engagement at The Mirage.
Known for his intoxicating vocal performances, big band instrumentals and old school glamour, guests can expect something different every show. Goss brings his celebrated act – including a multi-piece band, sultry backup singers and Dirty Virgin showgirls – to a scintillating live-music experience scheduled each Sunday.
Here is a link to Matt receiving not one but two different Humanitarian Awards – one from the United Nations and a Humanitarian Medal from the Royal Society of St. George. The Royal Society is England’s premiere patriotic organization. The medal is made by the Queen’s medal maker and you can read more about the Queen’s charity here: https://rssg.org.uk/
Pantry To Bring A Taste Of Home To The Mirage
24 Hours A Day
Homespun recipes will season the menu at Pantry, the new 24-hour restaurant opening this September at The Mirage Hotel & Casino. Centrally located to provide convenient access from the guest elevators and casino floor, the restaurant will feature wholesome favorites such as piping hot soups, crisp green salads, fully loaded sandwiches and classic desserts made from the freshest sustainable ingredients for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night. Breakfast will be available 24-hours a day for guests wishing to enjoy fluffy pancakes, hearty omelets and robust scrambles, even after traditional breakfast hours. The bar will offer coffee and tea selections as well as varieties of fruit and farm fresh vegetable juices including Pomegranate, Carrot Orange Mango, and Cucumber Pineapple Ginger, with each option providing maximum nutrition and flavor.
Designed by Munge Leung, the restaurant’s exquisite hardwood floors and bright white walls lined with cabinets housing fine china will create an ambiance reminiscent of a family kitchen. Chalkboards will detail daily specials while clocks and art pieces symbolic of the nation’s history add a nostalgic feel to the dining room. Friendly servers dressed in soft denim and flannel shirts complete the welcoming, relaxed experience.
“Pantry will provide guests at The Mirage a place to enjoy recognizable favorites 24 hours a day,” said Trevor Scherrer, president and COO of The Mirage. “The approachable menu and cozy, inviting décor create a venue guests can feel comfortable visiting in the morning prior to a day at the pool, before enjoying one of our many shows or after dancing the night away at 1OAK nightclub.”
Pantry’s menu highlights include:
Breakfast (served 24 Hours):
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast, a sweet breakfast treat made with caramelized bananas, macerated berries topped with a generous helping of mascarpone vanilla cream.
- Feta and Spinach Scrambled Eggs, three eggs blended with roasted tomatoes, spinach, onions and feta cheese served with house-made breakfast potatoes and a choice of toast.
- Short Rib Pot Roast Hash, a decadent dish made with braised short rib and poached eggs served with a choice of toast.
Lunch and Dinner (served 11 a.m. – 6 a.m.)
- Mahi-Mahi Tacos, delicate mahi-mahi topped with tangy chow chow relish and avocado served alongside a cup of spicy basil cream for dipping.
- Clam Chowder, Creamy New England –style clam chowder cooked with smoky Hobbs bacon served with traditional oyster crackers.
- Chopped Vegetable Salad, leafy greens packed with avocado, grapes, tomatoes, radishes, roasted beets and white beans drizzled with herb vinaigrette.
- Natural Honey Roasted Turkey “BLT,” The Pantry’s take on the beloved classic made with turkey bacon, tomato, avocado, greens and ciabatta bread.
- Texas Pete Fried Natural Chicken, crispy fried chicken served with carrot-potato mash, aromatic red onion jam and a flaky house-made biscuit.
Dessert (served 24 Hours)
- Seasonal Fruit Cobbler, Southern-inspired cobblers filled with seasonal fruits presented warm or à la mode.
- On the Spot Baked Cookies, selections made from scratch and served fresh from the oven with a cold glass of organic milk.
About The Mirage
Ideally located in the center of the famed Las Vegas Strip, The Mirage is the place to stay and play. The resort features contemporary AAA Four Diamond accommodations; dynamic nightlife venues including 1 OAK Nightclub and The Beatles REVOLUTION Lounge; tantalizing restaurants created by the world’s most renowned chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak and Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto’s Morimoto Las Vegas (Coming Soon); a luxurious spa and salon; the enticing Bare pool lounge; and 170,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. Unique entertainment options include The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil celebrating the musical legacy of The Beatles; the Aces of Comedy series featuring one of the most comprehensive and diverse comedic line-ups nationwide; Terry Fator: The Voice of Entertainment; four-time GRAMMY Award-winning R&B musical sensation Boyz II Men; and the lush animal sanctuary of Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat.