Entertainment Icon Jerry Lewis and AEG Live’s H. C. Rowe to be honored at Global Gaming Expo’s Casino Entertainment Awards
Legendary Casino Entertainer Comes to Global Gaming Expo for Industry’s Top Honor
Comedic legend Jerry Lewis will be presented the Casino Entertainment Legend award by “Mr. Las Vegas” Wayne Newton at the Global Gaming Expo’s (G2E) third annual Casino Entertainment Awards on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 inside Vinyl at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
Veteran casino entertainment executive H. C. Rowe, AEG Live’s Executive Director of The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, also will be honored with a Casino Entertainment Legend Award.
Presented by G2E and the American Gaming Association (AGA), the Casino Entertainment Awards are the only awards exclusively honoring outstanding artists, executives and venues in the casino entertainment industry. The Casino Entertainment Legend Awards recognize lifetime achievement in the casino entertainment industry.
With worldwide box office receipts in excess of $800 million (when most tickets were sold for 25-50 cents) – Lewis achieved global acclaim for his groundbreaking comedy. He rose to fame as a Las Vegas headliner in the 1950s and was the world’s top box office star 1952-56 with Dean Martin and 1957-64 solo. A dedicated philanthropist, Lewis raised more than $2 billion for muscular dystrophy patient care and research; for 28 years, the Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon was broadcast from Las Vegas.
H.C. Rowe experience as an entertainment industry veteran spans over three decades. As Executive Director of The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Rowe oversees all aspects of the venue’s operation and programming in addition to relationships with some of the world’s greatest entertainers including Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Rod Stewart, Reba, Brooks & Dunn, Elton John, Jerry Seinfeld, Shania Twain, Bette Midler, Cher and others.
Comedian/actor Tommy Davidson will emcee the awards show. Davidson gained national attention on the variety show “In Living Color” and has appeared in numerous films and TV series.
Complimentary tickets will be distributed to G2E attendees on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Casino Entertainment Awards booth (#20) in the Integrated Resort Experience at G2E in The Venetian ballroom, adjacent to the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
Nominees for 2015 Casino Entertainment Awards:
- Independent Casino Talent Buyer of the Year – Kell Houston, Houston Productions; Terrye Seigel, Terrye Seigel Productions; Scott Thomas, Buzz Entertainment
- Casino Booking Agent of the Year – Brodie Becker, WME Entertainment; Brad Bissell, Creative Artists Agency (CAA); Seth Shomes, The Agency Group
- Casino Showroom/Theater of the Year – Grand Event Center, Golden Nugget Lake Charles; Northern Lights Theater, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino; The Showroom, Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Casino Arena/Amphitheater of the Year – AVA Amphitheater, Casino del Sol; Battery Park, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City; Event Center, Turning Stone Resort
- Casino Entertainment Executive of the Year – Adam Kallick, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino; Bob Rech, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino; Robyn Smith, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
- Casino Comedian of the Year – Tim Allen, Rodney Carrington, Ron White
- Casino Musical Artist of the Year – Little River Band, Olivia Newton John, Ronnie Milsap
- Casino Entertainer of the Year – Human Nature, Penn & Teller, Shania Twain
Casino entertainment executives attending G2E also will gather on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 9 p.m. inside Vinyl for the Casino Talent Buyers Bash, featuring musical performances by Domino, Dr. Zhivegas, Mullett and The World Famous Ink Spots. G2E badge holders will receive complimentary VIP admission.
Entertainment Seminars at G2E
Throughout G2E, attendees can take advantage of several seminars of relevance to the entertainment scene. For a full list of seminars, visit http://bit.ly/G2ESeminarHighlights/.
- Captivate Casino Guests: A Fresh Take on Entertainment. Hear from industry and marketing experts on how to redefine entertainment, capture new customers and appeal to existing customers by incorporating multi-generational products, programs and promotions into your property.
- Licensing Entertainment: Gaming Brands Marriage with Pop Culture. When entertainment and gaming unite, the result can be magical. At this session, hear experts from both sides discuss the personality of brands and the importance of preserving the brand’s essence in any context.
About Global Gaming Expo 2015
Global Gaming Expo 2015 , the world’s premier event for the casino gaming industry, is broadening its scope to match the changing gaming-resort landscape and position its attendees for the future. Complementing an expanded gaming focus, the 2015 show will introduce the “Integrated Resort Experience at G2E,” presenting innovative non-gaming technology, products and services as guests would experience them in a gaming-resort setting. This new effort will deliver a complete “end-to-end” solution to help casinos attract more guests, encourage them to stay and play longer, and increase revenue per visitor. The annual event showcases the latest developments in gaming technology and features keynote addresses by high-profile leaders from within and outside of the gaming industry.
The Global Gaming Expo takes place September 28 – October 1 in Las Vegas at the Sands Expo and Convention Center. For more information about the Global Gaming Expo 2015, please visit www.globalgamingexpo.com.