Hair by Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a look with the perfect balance of sophistication and ease on the runway at Victoria Beckham’s Fall/Winter 2015 show. Using Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to get a silky smooth blowout and Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to rake the hair back into a ponytail, Guido created a soft style with just a touch of toughness to enhance the modernity of the collection.
“The Victoria Beckham idea of beauty is very pulled together with a very easy kind of attitude. This very simple, sort of half-ponytail is both a sophisticated look and an easy look, which creates a modern feeling on the runway with Victoria’s beautiful new collection. The key to this look is the quality of the hair. First, I applied Redken’s Satinwear 02 to damp hair, and blow dried the hair back and away from the face using a flat brush to get a silky smooth finish. Then, I sprayed my fingertips with Redken’s Forceful 23 hairspray and used my fingers like a comb to rake the hair back into a ponytail to get theses comb marks so there’s a sense of toughness to the look. I secured the ponytail in the center of the head with an elastic and created a loop by leaving the ends out so that on the runway there’s a little bit of toughness with a little bit of softness.” Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
Create the Look:
- Start with clean hair by washing with Redken’s new Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion throughout damp hair, using fingers to work into the hair from roots to tips
- Using a flat brush, blow dry hair back and away from the face, getting a super smooth finish
- Spray Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray onto fingertips and rake hair back into a ponytail
- Secure the ponytail in the center of the head with an elastic and create a loop by not pulling the end ponytail completely through so the ends of the hair stick out at the bottom
- Lightly mist Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray all over to hold the shape
Photos by Lucas Flores Piran for Redken
Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave.