Spring – Summer 2014
Redken Creative Consultant Guido fused glamour with grunge at the Alexander Wang show this season to create a nonchalant, yet sexy runway look. By adding thickening lotions and texturizers to the hair, Guido created volume without altering the model’s natural texture with teasing or heat styling.
“Overall it’s a very sexy look this season. I wanted the hair to reflect the cool, low-key Alexander Wang type girl. I suppose there are equal parts grunge and glamour, in that the hair is voluminous, yet natural.” –Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Products Used:
–powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo
–quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray
Create the Look:
- Towel dry hair
- Create a messy center part with finger
- Apply thickening lotion 06 body builder from root to ends, concentrating product on the roots
- Start drying hair with a diffuser to keep the natural waves
- Once the hair is 75% dry, allow the hair to dry naturally
- Add powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo to mid length and ends to give more texture.
- Apply quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to mid length and ends to hold in the texture
Photos by Charles Sykes for Redken.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave