Giant Illuminated Dragon and More Welcomes Lunar New Year
A legendary creature in Chinese mythology and folklore, the dragon is a traditional symbol of power, strength, and good luck. The Forum Shops at Caesars is sharing this fabled creature in a big way by welcoming a 22-ft. long, 6-ft. wide and 12-ft. high dragon to the world-renowned retail destination. Displayed on the Fortuna Terrace near the entrance to The Forum Shops from Caesars Palace casino for the public to enjoy, the massive 950-lb steel-framed dragon is covered in 30,000 red and amber LED lights, many of which flicker, giving the mythical beast a vibrant look and dynamic feel. While the Chinese New Year begins on February 19, 2015 and it is the Year of the Sheep, the traditional Chinese dragon will be on display throughout the Lunar New Year celebratory season. To further mark Chinese New Year, The Forum Shops at Caesars will again welcome students from the Meadows School, who will perform the traditional dragon parade throughout The Forum Shops at Caesars on Thursday, Feb. 19 beginning at 10 a.m. The cast of singers and dancers includes 120 Meadows students – 60 from kindergarten and 60 from fifth grade plus the school’s very special guest, founder and Mayor of Las Vegas Carolyn Goodman.
A number of Forum Shops retailers are also marking the Lunar New Year season with special events and limited-edition products. To celebrate Chinese New Year, British luxury brand Mulberry has created a limited edition version of its best-selling Cara Delevingne Bag. The Mini Cara Delevingne Bag in Poppy Red Quilted Nappa Leather has an exclusive finishing touch: a stamped ram on the leather keeper symbolizing 2015’s Chinese zodiac sign. There are only eighty-eight Chinese New Year Mini Cara Delevingne Bags, available in selected locations around the world – including The Forum Shops at Caesars. Collectors and guests of Rotella Gallery will not only be engaged with festive decor but the gallery is also highlighting photographs that coincide with the special occasion. In conjunction with the Year of the Goat, Sheep and Ram, Rotella Gallery is highlighting two of photographer Art Wolfe’s brilliantly captured images “Mountain Goat & Kid” and “Huang Shan.” Burberry has a Lunar New Year inspired collection for 2015 including a limited edition Scottish-woven Heritage Cashmere Scarf in camel, stone and charcoal. The scarf is embroidered with the Chinese symbol for good fortune. Burberry monogramming is also available for Lunar New Year gifts. The iconic Heritage cashmere scarves, color block ponchos, and the new My Burberry fragrance for women can be personalized with up to three initials to create bespoke gifts for loved ones. Van Cleef and Arpels spotlight the Midnight Red Dragon timepiece. Set in white gold with the dial crafted of miniature painting in enamel. Swatch is proud to present The Goat’s Keeper, a special watch created in celebration of the 2015 Chinese New Year. Be sure to visit Ermenegildo Zegna to see their window display in honor of Chinese New Year.
Love is in the Air this Valentine’s Day at The Forum Shops
The Forum Shops has the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts that are sure to make your heart beat faster. As they say, diamonds are a girl’s best friend and David Yurman knows that certainly rings true. America’s leading fine jeweler, David Yurman is spotlighting the ideal Valentine’s Day gifts. From an Initial Pinky Ring with diamonds or stunning gold Cable bracelets to the new Starburst designs featuring vivid gemstone, David Yurman has a variety of perfect pieces she’ll love. For him, Forged Carbon Designs are distinctive and stylish. For the fun fashionista, now through Feb 11, Brighton Collectibles is offering a free “My Sweet Valentine Tote” with a single, same-day purchase of $100 or more, while supplies last. Tory Burch has a number of lovely gifts that are sure to please. From a Valentine-inspired hard-shell iPhone case to a distinctive red chain wallet to cosmetic cases and more, Tory Burch has a great variety of heart-pleasing gifts. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Swatch presents its special Unlock My Heart watch. Specialty retailer Henri Bendel has a selection of Valentine’s handbags, jewelry, accessories and more that are sure to make your heart flutter including a floral blossom signature candle and a blush pink mini ring box. Looking for something for the special “him” in your life? Vilebrequin has a selection of men’s swim trucks including the Poppy Red Tropical Pineapple shorts – festive and whimsical. The Forum Shops is also home to Agent Provocateur for beautifully-designed and exceptional quality lingerie and nightwear as well as La Perla, one of the leading creators of luxurious and fashionable lingerie, nightwear, swimwear, and loungewear for women and men. Of course, there’s also the newly-expanded and remodeled two-story Victoria’s Secret now open at The Forum Shops.
Now Open at The Forum Shops
Joining The Forum Shops impressive roster, CHANEL Fragrance, Beauty and Sunglasses opens a first-of-its-kind boutique in Las Vegas at The Forum Shops near the Festival Court. The 850-square-foot boutique showcases coveted CHANEL fragrance, makeup and skincare products, and pairs them with a visually inspiring outpost for CHANEL sunglasses in a one-of-a-kind design concept exclusive to this location.
ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA PRESENTS A PASSION FOR SILK AT
THE SHOPS AT CRYSTALS
Ermenegildo Zegna: Spring/Summer 2013 Exhibit
May 9 – June 3
The Shops at Crystals – Second Level (Between Shē by Morton’s and Todd English P.U.B.)
Ermenegildo Zegna, a leading luxury Italian menswear brand known for innovation in craftsmanship, fabric and design, will reveal its Passion for Silk in a runway-inspired exhibit at The Shops at Crystals. Visitors are invited to walk the runway with seven exceptionally well-dressed mannequins who have been outfitted in Ermenegildo Zegna Couture collection pieces. Chosen for its elegance and beauty, ZegnaSilk is the featured fabric in the respected label’s Spring/Summer 2013 Collection.
Guests can indulge in and appreciate the craftsmanship of the impeccably designed clothing and sportswear that combine elements of illustrious masculinity with sophisticated style. The exhibit will feature iPads showcasing runway and accessories footage to ensure that anybody experiencing the display is transported to the catwalk itself.
About The Shops at Crystals
The Shops at Crystals is an exquisite 500,000-square-foot shopping and dining experience adjacent to the AAA Five Diamond ARIA Resort & Casino. Rivaling shopping meccas throughout the world, Crystals features the largest Louis Vuitton store in North America, as well as flagship stores for Prada, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Dolce & Gabbana Men’s and Dolce & Gabbana Women’s, Roberto Cavalli and Ermenegildo Zegna. Unique-to-the-market retailers include TOM FORD, Stella McCartney, Paul Smith, Donna Karan, Tourbillon and Lanvin among several others. Crystals is also home to a selection of premier restaurants including Mastro’s Ocean Club; Sh¬ē by Morton’s; Todd English P.U.B; and Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina. For more information, please visit crystalsatcitycenter.com or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Crystals at CityCenter Presents A Haute Holiday Season Through January 2013
WHAT: Tis’ the season to shop at Crystals at CityCenter as the retail destination is outfitted in holiday splendor. Some of the world’s most sought-after designers will showcase a selection of stunning eveningwear on the main stage while a jazz trio fills the air with joyful sounds every weekend.
Produced by Missy Cochran Entertainment, funky jazz trio The Hornzmen will present a musical program tailored specifically for the Crystals holiday shows. Every Friday and Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. until Dec. 29, guests are invited to enjoy the trio’s musical sounds as soulful hits made popular by Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind & Fire and Michael Bublé are brought to life.
Visitors to Crystals will delight in the seasonal décor and visual extravagances that usher in the spirit of the season through the middle of January. Traditionally ornamented holiday trees and sparkling LED trees fill the air with holiday cheer. Poinsettias and festive flora outline the holiday flower carpet while crimson and silver decorations float silently overhead creating a wondrous winter atmosphere.
To provide shopping inspirations, Nanette Lepore, Stella McCartney, Ermenegildo Zegna, Donna Karan and Fendi will entice and entertain guests with their most fashionable designs on rotating exhibits each Sunday – Thursday on the Crystals main stage.
Dec. 2 – Dec. 6 – Nanette Lepore
Dec. 9 – Dec. 13 – Stella McCartney
Dec. 16 – Dec. 20 – Ermenegildo Zegna
Dec. 23 – Dec. 27 – Donna Karan
Dec. 29 – Jan. 6 – Fendi
Holiday decor: Now – mid-January
Sunday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. – midnight
Free and open to the public
Crystals at CityCenter
3720 Las Vegas Blvd S.
FOLLOW US: @CrystalsLV
KEEP IT CLASSY LIKE BOND OR EDGY LIKE BECKHAM WITH LAS VEGAS’ CRYSTALS AT CITYCENTER
Just in Time for Father’s Day, Crystals at CityCenter Debuts All-Encompassing Packages for the Classic Man and Modern Man
Don’t settle for “Best Dad” cards this Father’s Day; give the man in your life the experience of a lifetime with either The Classic Man or The Modern Man personalized package at Crystals at CityCenter.
Debuting just in time for Father’s Day and available year-round, Crystals at CityCenter is offering hand-selected apparel, accessories and experiences perfectly suited for the Classic or Modern Man. Crystals’ VIP Services staff will treat these lucky men to a day of luxury, excitement and fine dining, all specially chosen for those who enjoy the finer things in life. To book the Modern Man or Classic Man, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Classic Man – $12,870 Value:
- Ermenegildo Zegna – Bond’s personal stylist couldn’t have picked a better suit. Known for its luxury craftsmanship and timeless elegance, Ermenegildo Zegna will dress the classic man in a stylish suit of Trofeo 600 wool and silk fil à fil fabric with two-button, single-breasted jacket and slim-fit pants, multi-stripe cotton twill shirt; and lace-ups in smooth calfskin with natural rubber soles. All gentlemen will receive a private appointment, champagne welcome and tailoring service.
- Assouline – Assouline reads the classic man’s mind by offering three coffee-table style books including Gaia, Cigar Style and George Lois at MoMA: The Esquire Covers.
- Richard MacDonald – Internationally acclaimed sculptor Richard MacDonald created the impressive bronze monument “Momentum” to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the U.S. Open Golf Tournament in Pebble Beach. Doesn’t get more classic than that.
- Mastro’s Ocean Club – Just like the collection of luxury brands that surround Mastro’s in Crystals, your man will be surrounded by extravagance with dinner set within the restaurant’s
80-foot-tall Tree House, designed by internationally renowned architect David Rockwell. After enjoying an indulgent experience with a guest valued at $250, Dad can kick back and enjoy live entertainment from the ultra-classy piano bar.
The Modern Man – $11,538 Value:
mod·ern [mod-ern] adjective – of, pertaining to, or characteristic of contemporary styles of art, literature, music, etc., that reject traditionally accepted or sanctioned forms and emphasize individual experimentation and sensibility.
- Paul Smith – Everyone’s crazy about a sharp-dressed man, and Paul Smith doesn’t disappoint. Your man will turn heads in the elegant Byard cut London Line Travel suit. Dubbed one of Paul Smith’s most on- trend suits, this wool mohair blend comes in black, navy, dark or light grey to “suit” his style.
- TAG Heuer – TAG Heuer knows what makes up-to-the-minute men ‘tick’ with their Formula I watch. Engineered by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and tested in racing conditions by Jenson Button, each timepiece comes equipped with the TAG Heuer “six key features”: 1/10th of a second display, luminescent hands and markers, water-resistant to 200m, “Easy grip,” screw-in crown, double-security folding clasp and sapphire crystal.
- Dream Racing– Dream Racing provides cutting-edge men a driving session in a Ferrari F430 GT race car, a performance machine so powerful it cannot be driven on the street. Round-trip transportation from Crystals at CityCenter is included, as well as professional instruction, practice on 3D simulators, the use of professional racing gear and access to the Dream Racing Lounge.
- Rodney Lough, Jr. – With his gallery located in the heart of CityCenter, Rodney Lough, Jr. offers men traveling the fast lane of Vegas the chance to step into the wilderness with his award-winning photographs. Invite your guy to experience a visually stunning spectacle by giving him one of Rodney’s most unique pieces – “Desire” – from his Della Terra Series.
- Social House – Social House’s menu is a masterpiece serving an eclectic blend of Asian-inspired flavors prepared with the freshest ingredients sure to marvel any palate. Social House is serving up a seven-course feast valued at $260, featuring classic dishes with a modern twist, catering especially your man’s taste. Frequented by red carpet A-listers, Social House developed this menu featuring dishes that are the true stars of the restaurant including Sashimi Yellowtail Jalapeño, Half Lobster Tail with Mango Salsa, and Bacon Chocolate Cake… nothing ordinary for the modern man and his guest.
For an additional $40, the man who fancies his whiskies can enjoy Social House’s Flight of Four Whiskeys, which includes Basil Hayden Bourbon, Crown Royal Reserve Whisky, Yamazaki Japanese Single Malt Whisky and Maker’s 46 Bourbon.
ABOUT CRYSTALS AT CITYCENTER
Crystals at CityCenter is an exquisite 500,000-square-foot shopping and dining experience at the entrance to CityCenter, an unprecedented development on the Las Vegas Strip. Designed by Studio Daniel Libeskind and Rockwell Group, Crystals delights the senses with its contemporary art, elaborate water and ice displays, lush floral décor and iconic elements including a 70-foot-tall tree house. Rivaling shopping meccas throughout the world, Crystals features the largest Louis Vuitton store in North America, as well as flagship stores for Prada, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Roberto Cavalli and Ermenegildo Zegna. Unique-to-the-market retailers include TOM FORD, Stella McCartney, Paul Smith, Donna Karan, Kiton, Kiki De Montparnasse, Marni, Assouline, H. Stern, Tourbillon, Porsche Design, de Grisogono, Lanvin and rLo Gallery (Rodney Lough Jr. Wilderness Collections Gallery). Crystals is also home to a selection of premier restaurants, many of which are new to Las Vegas, including Eva Longoria’s Beso, along with her nightclub Eve; Mastro’s Ocean Club; Todd English P.U.B; and Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina. Crystals has received LEED® Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, making it the world’s largest retail district to receive this level of recognition. For more information on Crystals, please visit: crystalsatcitycenter.com. Keep up with the latest Crystals’ news, events and photos via Facebook and Twitter.