Dive Into Pool Season With Summer Cocktails
At MGM Resorts International Properties
Every summer, visitors head to Las Vegas to soak up the sun at the beautiful pools at MGM Resorts International properties. To combat warm temperatures and increase good times, MGM Resorts’ talented mixologists and bartenders have stirred up a bevy of refreshing beverages that bring cocktail craftsmanship right to cabanas and lounge chairs. New spins on classics, cutting-edge ingredients and farm fresh fruits ensure that selecting poolside refreshment is a gamble that always pays off.
Unexpected and fun, these cocktails tantalize every taste bud with refreshing flavors and exciting ingredients sure to start the next cocktail craze.
- Absolut Hibiskus vodka stars in the Strawberry Splash Caipiroska at Vdara pool. Its floral, fragrant notes are highlighted with muddled strawberries, organic sweetener and a strawberry garnish.
- The Iced Chi Chi at The Mirage pool features trendy ZICO Coconut water in this chilled mixture of Ketel One vodka, coconut cream, pineapple juice and DiSaronno amaretto.
- Beer cocktails are all the rage and Monte Carlo pool’s Banana Guava Shandy gives beer cocktails an exotic flair with Absolut Miami Vodka, Briottet Crème de Banane liqueur and guava nectar topped off with Shock Top Belgian White Ale, and garnished with banana and orange slices.
- True frosty delights, the snow cones at Bellagio’s pool include a spotlight-stealing, house-made salted caramel sauce. Flavors include the Simple Cherry made with SKYY Cherry vodka and cherry syrup.
Fruity & Frisky
Juicy fruits and summer fun go hand-in-hand and these cocktails feature the finest orchard-fresh flavors.
- Kiwi lovers will be thrilled with the Kiwi Cooler at Vdara pool. Fresh kiwis are muddled in a mixture of SKYY Wild Strawberry vodka and house-made sweet and sour that’s even garnished with a kiwi wheel for snacking.
- Staying true to its name, the Blackberry Crush at Luxor and Excalibur pools feature Absolut Citron vodka, fresh lemon juice, rock syrup, mint leaves, Sierra Mist and a generous portion of fresh blackberries, all combined for a clean, fruity taste.
- pool offers a tangy take on a fruity New Orleans favorite. The Hurricane is made with Belvedere Mango Passion vodka and mixed with passion fruit, orange and cranberry juices.
- An exciting mixture of SKYY Wild Strawberry Infusions vodka, Bacardi Dragon Berry rum, watermelon sour and grenadine, the Summer Delight at Luxor and Excalibur pools is a dynamic summer refreshment.
- True to its name, the Beach Dragon at Mandalay Bay pool is a beast of a drink combining sweet SKYY Infusions Raspberry vodka, fresh blackberries, Chambord, lime juice, rock candy syrup and a splash of Sierra Mist.
Classic drinks take on innovative twists and new flavor combinations to keep things fresh as the sun shares its rays.
- Sangria is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and guests will be delighted with the ice cold surprise found in the Sangria at ARIA pool. Frozen grapes keep this concoction of Grey Goose Le Melon, honeydew juice and rose extract chilled and full of flavor through hot summer days.
- The Pink Lemonade at MGM Grand puts an adult spin on a childhood favorite with Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka and Cointreau orange-flavored liqueur.
- The refreshing mojito gets a tropical twist with Bacardi Pineapple Fusion rum in the Pineapple Fusion Mojito at Mandalay Bay pool.
- The Citrus Rush at New York-New York pool enhances the orange flavor of the classic Screwdriver cocktail by including Ketel One Citron vodka, Ketel One Oranje vodka, orange juice, triple sec and lime juice.
- Also at New York-New York pool, the Brooklyn Pool Party takes a vodka and cranberry to the next level with Absolut Brooklyn vodka, cranberry juice and fizzy ginger ale.
One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, More!
Hot days and steamy nights wouldn’t be complete without a tequila cocktail making these drinks the essential selection as the sun rises and sets.
- A match made for the pool, Sauza tequila, Red Bull Silver Edition and grapefruit juice come together in the Paloma Silver Bull at The Mirage pool.
- Don Julio’s Sunshine at MGM Grand pool combines Don Julio tequila, Grand Marnier, Midori Melon liqueur, fresh sour, pineapple juice and grenadine for a tantalizing poolside companion.
- A light and crisp libation, the Cucumber Fizz at Monte Carlo pool boasts Patron tequila, Thatcher’s Cucumber Liqueur, Cucumber DRY Soda, fresh lime and a tasty cucumber garnish.